A thought

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
During lunch I was reading the local paper. I was noticing all the advertisements for Father's Day sales. It got me thinking. Why is perfectly acceptable to buy Dad tools for Father's Day? Heck it is even encouraged. But try buying a woman an ironing board for Mother's Day and you better have your escape route planned out. I am thinking double standard here. Give Dad something to make him work more but darn sure don't do that with Mom.

Simple, men define themselves by how they feed their family but a woman works on relationships and spiritual health.
Start a conversation with a man you don't know and if he's happy with his life you'll know what he does for a living within ten minutes.
Start the same conversation with most women that are happy with their life and they'll tell you about their family within ten minutes even if they have a career outside the home. You might also hear about the job but you'll know about their marriage and kids.
The work part defines us and we take pride in it but for a woman the relationships are what matters.

And yes, you can have my mancard. :lol: I'm happier without it.

I felt this way for a while, give your wife/girl friend a list of things you want (and you have their list also) and pick one and buy it. At our age we buy what we want for ourselves anyway. If they have a list it's still kinda a surprise.

Latest posts