A new grand son on the way

Help Support CattleToday:

novatech

Reaction score
Caustic was talking about his grand kids and I got a phone call. Well I have to tell you what has gone on before the call first.
My daughter, now 31 yrs. had been trying to get pregnant for the last 4 or 5 years. After 10's of thousands of dollars later she was diagnosed with breast and kidney cancer. She remained the person she always was, lighting up the room when she entered. But behind the scenes the fact that there was no longer any chance of her ever getting pregnant was taking its tole. She and her husband started the adoption process. Every time they entered the office of an adoption agency they were basically turned away. They said they would never be approved or accepted because of my daughter's cancer. Mind you she is still bald. They did find one person that said she would go ahead and try. She found a girl in Arkansas that needed a home for her baby boy to be. With over a hundred applicants my daughter and husband were chosen. They flew to Arkansas today. My daughter called and said that the meeting reaffirmed her (the girl giving up the baby) choice. Until 7 days after the baby is born there is still a risk of the girl backing out but all concerned in the girls family are still on board. The girl give my daughter all the ultrasound pics and said "Here are some picks of your new son."
Just thought I would share some of my happiness with the people I spend a lot of time with.
PS; I needed to add that MD Anderson Hospital says my daughter is now cancer free.

What wonderful, fantastic news! Thank you so much for sharing it with us... :heart:

Alice

If that's not reason to give thanks, I don't know what is!
Congratulations to you and your daughter. My life has been blessed with several friends and family members who are adopted, and I am thankful for the richer life I have for knowing them. What a blessing for you ALL - including the birth mother in Arkansas who is doing a tender and courageous thing for that boy. :heart:

Congratulations to all of you Novatech. All the best ,and may you be holding your new, healthy grandson in your arms soon.. :) Prayers for your daughters continued health..

That's great, it's good to hear some good news, thanks for sharing it with us.

Larry

hillsdown":1guc6tv5 said:
Prayers for your daughters continued health..
I far as I'm concerned that is what has gotten us this far. Not going to stop, or giving thanks for it either.
Thanks to all for the great comments.
John

Congratulations on both fronts - the grandson and the daughter being cancer free. Amazing what medicine can do these days.

My wife and I have both adopted and bio kids. I can atest there is no difference - you love them all the same.

There is one big difference on the "start-up", however. The bio ones sort of "ease into" your life over 9 months. The adopted ones come into your life with a SPLASH almost overnight...can be quite a change!

I would advise your daughter to not worry about the birth mother changing her mind. Just give her time. One of the most tense times of our lives was when the birth mother of our youngest wanted him back for a few days. We agreed. Then she brought him back and we started breathing again. It all works out as it is supposed to.

Great news! Congratulations!

Jim

That was AWESOME!!!! What a wonderful moment :heart:

What a precious baby! and so much hair!

Nova, you have a very beautiful family there... Congratulations!! :clap: :clap:

Best wishes for a blessed life to you all!

thank you for sharing such a special occasion :tiphat:

Vickie

Latest posts