A neighbor turned cattle out on his hay field

Help Support CattleToday:

crimsoncrazy

Reaction score
He only cut it once this year and it's pretty growed up. The only thing is the net wrap bales are still sitting where the baler dropped them. Seems like a good way to make a mess to me.

crimsoncrazy":mkvbwnjj said:
He only cut it once this year and it's pretty growed up. The only thing is the net wrap bales are still sitting where the baler dropped them. Seems like a good way to make a mess to me.
Pure laziness.

Deepsouth":1eq3xcqs said:
jerry27150":1eq3xcqs said:
called stockpiling , if the bales are net wrapped they shouldn't ruin too much

What's to keep them from eating the bales and the net wrap?
They eat the bales and the net wrap has very low tdn and they don't usually eat it. A lot of people do not.remove the net wrap when they feed hay.

M5farm":20tce07a said:
Deepsouth":20tce07a said:
jerry27150":20tce07a said:

What's to keep them from eating the bales and the net wrap?
They eat the bales and the net wrap has very low tdn and they don't usually eat it. A lot of people do not.remove the net wrap when they feed hay.

Mine will eat it.

jerry27150":cq1l61u0 said:
You must not have any cattle or net wraps then. The net wrap do not prevent the animals eating the hay. Even with the net wrap still on, it does not cover the whole hay bale so the animals will simply eating the side of hay bale.

Thanks a lot Bigfoot..........you can come over and wipe the coffee off my monitor now! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

chances of them eating the net wrap around bales in good stockpiled forage are pretty slim , they may eat some hay from the end of the bale. it's his business anyway not you guys, it's his choice

crimsoncrazy":2vljvfdk said:

I saw a lot of bales left on fields in OK and KS this fall on my road trip. Started to think it was a rule or something.

jerry27150":2zfsev2e said:
chances of them eating the net wrap around bales in good stockpiled forage are pretty slim , they may eat some hay from the end of the bale. it's his business anyway not you guys, it's his choice
Again, you obviously doesn't own any net wrapped hay bales. There's good chance is that they will destroyed the hay bale with no problems and ate all hay. All you have is lot of net wraps laying all over in field. Its gonna be nightmare for that person when the time comes to hay baling that field.

jerry27150":102i7rm5 said:
Imagine trying to bale that field full of net wrap and wasted hay next spring

Maybe he was going to use twine, but used net on accident, and then said "ah! screw it" and turned them out so he didn't have to go through the enduring challenge of removing net, that so many seemed to be plagued by.

Latest posts