A millionaire in the neigborhood

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
Well, not actually in the neighborhood. But we did learn that a lady working at the convenience store about three miles from our house won a million dollars in the lottery last week. She's obviously given up her job. They've been building a house and she's planning to make a few changes in that. :lol: It makes one start thinking about what you'd do if you won a million.

Frankie":2z1eyzhs said:
Well, not actually in the neighborhood. But we did learn that a lady working at the convenience store about three miles from our house won a million dollars in the lottery last week. She's obviously given up her job. They've been building a house and she's planning to make a few changes in that. :lol: It makes one start thinking about what you'd do if you won a million.

Just invest it with the other nickels you invest. Eventually you wind up with several nickels. If you quit your job as the lady did, go on shopping sprees, change plans, you'll wind up like 90% of the folks who win lottos.

I know a guy who inherited several million. It took him 8 years or so to spend it all. I know others who have invested their money wisely too.

if i won a million dollars i would spread good thoughout.
*hint hint*

I'd invest it for a year make another one then spend the first and keep investing then one day you will become a multi-millionaire to do a lot of good around the family, and close friends. ;-)

A gal I heard of won $60,000 on a scratch and decided to divorce her husband. So she gave half of it away right off the bat. Must have been worth it. I imagine it's all gone and she's back to waitressing. Sigh.

I was not the best student in "statistics and probability", so when the pot gets over $100 million I throw down a dollar on Powerball. One dollar. Maybe 20 dollars a year. I won $50 a few years ago by getting 3 or 4 numbers. A couple times I won a free ticket.

I like the horses occasionally. I'll take $100 to the track and bet horses that are going to pay if they only show. I usually make it to the last race. And I get a days entertainment for losing $50. Not a bad price.

Slots are a boring, yet high speed way to throw money away. I prefer the cattle business.

backhoeboogie":3oqwc0kv said:
It took him 8 years or so to spend it all. I know others who have invested their money wisely too.

I bet that was a fun 8 years though!

I was in Vegas in April and spent some time on the penny slots (yeah, I know, what do little birdies say...cheep, cheep, cheep). I found a penny slot with a "dairy cow" game and on my first pull, all kinds of strange video things happened on the screen, mooing, cartoon cows moaning and groaning while they filled up milk buckets (chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, etc.)...I thought it was broken and was looking around for the slot machine lady...turns out I won $80! Not bad for a penny slot. Took my little ticket and cashed out on that one. Ahh, if only I'd picked the cappucino milk bottle!!!

I have a good friend who won $13 mil in the lottery about 15 years ago. He is broke now. It did a pretty good job of ruining his life. He has gone through several failed relationships. Climbed into and out of the bottle a couple of times. One time he called me up and had me take all his guns to my place because he was depressed and feeling suicidal. I don't believe I would wish a lottery winning on anyone.
I think if you are going to have money you need to get it the old fashion way. Marry a rich widow.

Dave

If I won a million bucks I would continue farming until it is all gone. :shock:

Frankie":3ckhmlko said:

We have two in the area, one that won the LA powerball a few years ago twenty something mil that is dead broke and having to sell off everything. Moved to the country was going to be a rancher.
Have another one that won a small Tx lottery couple of mil still living today as they did before, taking a nice cruse once in a while.

Statistically, you have a better chance of standing on the Empire State Building blindfolded and being spun around and throwing a quarter over your shoulder and ringing a Dixie cup on the ground than you do winning the lottery. Nevertheless, somebody will ring it now and again. Guy I used to work with won 21 million in Florida. Haven't heard him since. Oh, he quit his job.

Jogeephus":3kzm85l6 said:
Guy I used to work with won 21 million in Florida. Haven't heard him since. Oh, he quit his job.

Well if he kept about 13 million after Uncle Sam got through, invested it securely and conservatively, he ought to be drawing atleast 5%. That is $1780 a day or somewhere in the proximity of $1,157 a day, after taxes. I could live on that :lol:

MikeC":3ah7ot2b said:
If I won a million bucks I would continue farming until it is all gone. :shock:

I hear you! And...with the prices of diesel fuel and taxes,
it wouldn't take long!

It would be quite a family discussion....Susie would want to give it away and I would want to spend it.
Did have a scary dream years ago in which I won the lottery...woke me out of a sound sleep. When I found a pen and paper, darned if I could remember the numbers...been trying to remember ever since.
I do look at playing as retirement planning...it will be the only way I'll be able to.
Dave Mc

I'd have a heart attack and die - then the ungrateful kids would get it.

Where else can you by so many dreams for a dollar? If I did win,I'm sure I'd have lots of advice on where to spend it :lol: :roll:

Latest posts