A.I

Help Support CattleToday:

RedAngus121

Reaction score
We plan on A.I Quite a Few Cattle this year for the first time any Tips on how you make your Conception rate the best.

Also any sure ways to get a Heifer to stick we have 2 Heifers we Bought that have to be Bred A.I Because are Heifer bull is a Half Brother :x

Good heat detection, proper AI timing, quality semen, cows/heifers on good plain of nutrition and gaining condition if possible, proper semen handling, deposition of semen in the proper location, calm animals. That pretty well sums it up. Same for a 15 year old cow or a long yearling heifer.

dun

dun":1yruqbli said:
Good heat detection, proper AI timing, quality semen, cows/heifers on good plain of nutrition and gaining condition if possible, proper semen handling, deposition of semen in the proper location, calm animals. That pretty well sums it up. Same for a 15 year old cow or a long yearling heifer.

dun

Yep- in other words u need to do everything right and even then they might not stick- but keep trying and u'll get the hang of it.

Dun has the ai tips for you. If your heifers are good and your heifer bull is good, half brother to half sister can work. Just cull the calves if they don't look good enough or perform well enough to be keepers.

Keep notes of what you have done with the animals, regarding when you bred them after seeing them stand.

You will get to know your cattle if you take the time to watch them.
Watch the little signs.

Good advice.

Try not to worry about the half-brother/sister mating, it can be a powerfull tool.

mtnman

Don't rush the cattle when your working them for AI. Keep small children and dogs at home. Try not to spook the cattle.

Not only do you need to avoid stress during the AI process, but avoid it around 6-10 days after the breeding date. This is the time period that egg implantation takes place. If you need to move them, do it within 72 hrs.

Latest posts