A.I. school

Help Support CattleToday:

nobull82

Reaction score
Has anyone been to a select sires AI school? I know some that has been to ABS school and said it was good but unfortunately they have already had it for the year but could possibly get into SS school.

I've never been to either but it's going to depend on the people teaching much more so than the company name and both companies are pretty selective in who they send to train people.

cow pollinater":2oa5tc1i said:
I've never been to either but it's going to depend on the people teaching much more so than the company name and both companies are pretty selective in who they send to train people.
Too true. Some do a good job, some suck.

midTN_Brangusman":11a0w847 said:
Im going to the A.I. and Palpation class at Bovine Elite this fall, has anyone been to there class?
I'm going to the Sept 7 class at bovine elite. What days are you going ?

I know 4 others that have taken it, as well as myself. They all bred cows in their first breeding season after the class. I think it's money well spent. I was there for the palpation part, since I was already AI certified, and that helped my palpation skills tremendously.

Just finished select sires school on Friday and it was great, I would recommend it to anyone!

I went to the KABA (Select Sires) back in 1976. It was a 2-day school and came home and began breeding right away. My son took the ABS school last year and had a difficult time till he began listening to me. Now that aside I had two awesome instructors and only abut 7-8 of us. He had one instructor and over 20 students, big difference, I was taught the importance of little techniques when you encounter different situations, he was taught one basic technique and nothing about what if. If you sign up for a class I would recommend taking it from someone who has bred thousands of cows and be in a class of no more than 7-8 students per instructor.

My class was 3 days at kirkwood beef center. I think there were 24 of us and we had 3 instructors. We we in cows the first afternoon.

Our abs class was less than 20 , at the dairy we had instructer that passed his first straw when he was 6 yo and his dad as been doing it over 50 years. He would go in and check you and it had to be right. Gave a lot of tips and was very patient

Latest posts