A Hereford to look at?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018":3l0axrxg said:
For thsoe that know the Hereford line what do you think about her line?

http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-bin/i ... 9=5A5E5F5C

She sells at a local sale, a young girl we know showed her and I thought about trying to help her out if she goes reasonable.

She has a lot of Remitall in her background that is a line many aspire to have in their herd.

Line?? I see many many lines. Some are probably not lines from gen after gen of outcrossing.

I don't think anyone can make any assumptions off that pedigree.

Lots of Thomas Farms genetics here.
p606 and phantom are both cow makers
Top Secret when bred right can be a good one. Some of the nicest calves I have seen have been Top Secret over p606 cows.

Nothing here that will cause problems, if she looks good and sells alright I wouldn't be afraid of her at all.

Good luck

Make sure the bull she is bred to is Hy negative, or better yet test the calf. JR Nick the Butler in the 4th generation on the bottom side is a HY carrier.

KNERSIE":3rgxslkz said:
Make sure the bull she is bred to is Hy negative, or better yet test the calf. JR Nick the Butler in the 4th generation on the bottom side is a HY carrier.
What is HY?

Hope she has a heifer for you. I like the breeding of the service sire. We've got some of those bloodlines from Doug Banks in our herd, and in our tank. Those daughters will milk and gain on grass. They also have calves that get up and nurse, and the calves are built to come easy. At least, that's been our experience.