A Herdbull Pic

Help Support CattleToday:

Julian

Reaction score
Snapped a picture of our herdsire Steadfast Boaz T71.
Taken today, Thanksgiving Day 2011.
The only turkeys "Bo" is seeing today are the wild ones.
Bo11-24-11.jpg

RD-Sam":1qhtwkzk said:
Nice bull! Is he a red angus?
Yes, he is a Red Angus. We are appreciative that many have purchased semen on him.
He has an IBC of 18.97%, going back 10 generations with KinTracks software.
He will be 5 years old in February. The last time we took him to KABSU for a "day collection" we were able to get 359 freezable quality straws of semen.

I have a son of his with a linebred blk Gelbvieh heifer that is looking better every day. He has actually really started to bloom since I weaned him!

I will post some pics on here next week if I don't end up selling him on Sat.

3waycross":25gax0pa said:
I have a son of his with a linebred blk Gelbvieh heifer that is looking better every day. He has actually really started to bloom since I weaned him!

Too bad you didn't get a slew of heifer calves out of him. I have a good size list of people wanting his daughters.

Julian":1hrcta3q said:
3waycross":1hrcta3q said:

Too bad you didn't get a slew of heifer calves out of him. I have a good size list of people wanting his daughters.

I actually want to PAP this bull calf and see how he does at altitude. BTW my buddy has 2 or 3 SH/RA/GV cross heifers out of him.

You have seen the pics they are very nice.

everytime I see a photo of Boaz it makes me wish I ran red angus..........

Awful nice looking bull, even if he isn't black. :D Looks like he has a good hind quarter. What is his frame size and weight? Did you purchase him or raise him?

HomePlaceAngus":1pz34820 said:
Awful nice looking bull, even if he isn't black. :D Looks like he has a good hind quarter. What is his frame size and weight? Did you purchase him or raise him?
Guessing he is around a 4-1/2 to 5 on frame score.
Would guess he is what most would call a ton bull.
Whatever he weighs is fine with me. Like me, I'm sure his weight is relevant to the groceries in front of him.
What matters most to me is the positive feedback I receive about his daughters.

On the black thing:
Just breed him to your black cows. If your cows are homozygous black you will get black calves.

I agree about the positive feedback. Got yourself a good bull there !!!! Breeding my females to him would not do much for the resulting pedigrees.

Not in the Reg. Angus seed stock business. He would not help me at all. He still is a awful good looking bull !!!!

He matured into a very good bull Dwight!

I'm probably too easily amused, but I find it hilarious that two angus guys didn't even recognise him as a red ANGUS.

KNERSIE":140d1dgn said:
He matured into a very good bull Dwight!

I'm probably too easily amused, but I find it hilarious that two angus guys didn't even recognise him as a red ANGUS.

Could be because of is white nose, white switch and dark color.......

with the white switch i thought he could be a red poll and yes he is a dark red but a good bull. regardless what breed he is

angusdave63":1ftdwqym said:
with the white switch i thought he could be a red poll and yes he is a dark red but a good bull. regardless what breed he is

He's not as dark as that picture makes him look. I have stood next to that bull and he looks nothing but RA to me.

He has some white hairs in his tail switch.
His nose is pink. He is 100%, 1A Red Angus.
BTW, he has been blood-typed as Red Angus, which was done because of association requirement for bulls that are used for semen collection.
I am flattered that the only flaw mentioned so far is the pink nose (pink is lighter than his dark red coat color) and that he has some white strands in his tail switch.
Dave, FWIW I am not interpretting you post as an implication that he is not 100% Red Angus. Although, if he were a registered black Angus I would understand concern of a pink nose.

Latest posts