A Herd Bull [pics added]

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
This is a big guy, 3 year old. Been with the herd since the May 18th. Busy almost everyday. Sired 60 plus calves his first two seasons. Just starting to sleek up.

Most of you have seen him before. Hes been called almost everything.

Just want to know honest opinions. No eye problems, he's been in the dirt.

P1010047-3.jpg

P1010044-1.jpg

I think the main thing I'd like to see is more masculinity throughout. Shorter neck, bigger crest, etc. I think you should be able to tell a bull apart from the cows from a good distance just by their masculinity. Also if he was deeper and fuller in the heart girth that wouldn't hurt him. Sounds like he's been worked hard. What do the calves look like? thats the real test.

he is a good bull in his working clothes.he isnt the prettiest bull.but pretty doesnt sire growthy nice calves.

He looks just dandy for a working bull. What's his pedigree?

You didn't happen to get him from Harlin Hecht, did you?

TNMasterBeefProducer":3mgvb07g said:
How many calves have you had to pull outta that bull?

Read your question again. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We've come a long way when we start pulling calves from bulls....................... :roll: :roll:

Wonder if he dilated enough? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I hope ignorance is not infectious. If it is, Knoxville is in a world of trouble. :lol: :lol:

This is the maximum birth weight I will use. 85 pounds. And He only breeds cows.
I haven't had to pull a calf in years.

MikeC":1qloo7lf said:
He looks just dandy for a working bull. What's his pedigree?

You didn't happen to get him from Harlin Hecht, did you?

Ace Prime up 981 ET, Keys Kudos 382K. Grand Sires.

From R Lazy B ranch Nome ND. Sire, JLS Discovery 442 PLD, Dam RLB MS Kassie 259MP.

I bought this bull for disposition, birth weight, weaning weight, yearling weight and his mother was one heck of a cow.

You have to remember that TMC is only onto brushed and combed stock, per his prior statements, but I believe that when he was TTCLM, and cattleman from outer space he had a mixed breed herd of cows that his HERDSMAN looked over for him, after all he was too busy showing and buying all that high priced stock and looking for ways to insult people.
I will say that TMC has toned down himself this time because he has been here awhile, and not kicked off like his other identities before him. :D

He really does look like a bull.
P1010053.jpg

14 month old steers grown without creep and brought to this point on silage and hay.

P1010060.jpg

P1010066-3.jpg

A couple just bred heifers at 15 months {all calves are from Black Angus cows]
P1010032-3.jpg

P1010035-4.jpg

Never been a big charlais fan but that last heifer is sure nuff purty.

Mighty green up there.

Is that yellow steer all or part limo?

TexasBred":1rpxgnop said:
MNM I really don't like him but love his calves. :clap: :clap:

You said a mouthfull there TB.

The time to judge a terminal bull by his phenotype is when he is a yearling or weanling.

Not when he is 2-3-4-5-6-7 years old.

I have seen some really feminine 1 year old bulls look great as 2 year olds after a year of full feed/forage. And some that looked great as yearlings but got gangly as they grew older.

This is him as as fat 1440 pound 1 year old :help: Some said a train wreak, :help: Yup he lost a lot of weight. Never left any open cows. :D

apr150762.jpg

TxB and Mike, One thing I like about the cattle forums. Hearing and learning stuff from REAL cattle people. THANKS.

mnm TB and Mike hit the nail on the head don't much matter what he look's like the calve's does the talking for him and that you can't argue with.Sure got some fine looking heifers from him.

rattler

Latest posts