A few steers

Help Support CattleToday:

holm25

Reaction score
The April/May steers are looking good... Super dry here but the cows are still cranking out milk..

Figured I might as well upload some cow pictures as well...

Very nice. Love the pictures. Where are you? I assume the M is for Michigan or Minnesota. Is it dry up there?

Bright Raven":1cvv0jsq said:
Very nice. Love the pictures. Where are you? I assume the M is for Michigan or Minnesota. Is it dry up there?

Thank you. We are in Minnesota.. About 45 minutes from north Dakota... Haven't had rain in a few weeks... It's very dry but have some rain in the forecast for this weekend... I'm afraid it will be too late though... The trees are starting to change from this stressful weather...

Davemk":1g0cz2cn said:
Dang if you were closer to Ohio that second calf is good.

He's my favorite of the group. I was wondering if he'd do good at a county fair but would have to ask the pros lol

There is a lot to like about that second calf. He should work for a county fair. He is pretty sucked up in his fore rib, that may hold him back against really stiff competition. The black steer is the sleeper of the group. Correct in his lines, plenty of bone and capacity, a bit of style. When he levels out, he should be pretty nice. I really like how your cows are looking, and that bull is a good rip for sure!

Boot Jack Thank you! You sure know you cattle!

This is another I like. For you like him anymore than the other two or are the other a little better than him?

holm25":2siy0nh4 said:
Boot Jack Thank you! You sure know you cattle!

This is another I like. For you like him anymore than the other two or are the other a little better than him?

He's a pretty complete package too. He may be a bit tight in his fore rib, but the long navel hair can be deceiving in that respect. I really like the length in his hip and set on his legs. I think either of the two blacks would hunt, the reds would take a bit more skill to get there.

I really like the #22 red steer. He has "the look".
Boot Jack - I don't have your eye, you do a great job describing an animal. I don't see that he is tight in the fore rib.
The last black calf posted is really put together nice, but the naval will hurt in a show ring.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":29uycq1p said:
I really like the #22 red steer. He has "the look".
Boot Jack - I don't have your eye, you do a great job describing an animal. I don't see that he is tight in the fore rib.
The last black calf posted is really put together nice, but the naval will hurt in a show ring.
Jeanne, the red steer ( and the other reds, for that matter) has a significant arch up from his chest floor in his lower rib. He also has a hallow behind his elbow. Both indicate a tight/ pinched fore rib and usually are a sure sign the steer with be a bit more hard doing. This is just based off the pictures provided though, and I could be way off target. I agree on the navel on the last black steer.

Here is one more picture... I only have these and his baby picture. He was a baby tank...

They're still growing... I like that #22 more and more all the time...

Boot Jack Bulls":iht4nbc7 said:
I stand by my prior assessments. :2cents:

What do you think about that Black nose #13?? He doesn't have the look but he is a heavy muscled little sucker..

holm25":3af0wc6x said:
Boot Jack Bulls":3af0wc6x said:

What do you think about that Black nose #13?? He doesn't have the look but he is a heavy muscled little sucker..

He is, but he gives up some bone in relation to his frame score and is a touch round in his make up. I still like the one black the best.

Boot Jack Bulls":1nwjih5k said:
holm25":1nwjih5k said:
Boot Jack Bulls":1nwjih5k said:

He is, but he gives up some bone in relation to his frame score and is a touch round in his make up. I still like the one black the best.
Yep I noticed he was a little round and fine boned.. Just a cool steer lol

holm25":6u2x23ah said:
They're still growing... I like that #22 more and more all the time...

If I were to choose between the last two it would be the black one. Lower neck junction on the red one could indicate straighter shouldered. For a county fair steer feed the black one right and he could do well.

Latest posts