a few pics

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman

Reaction score
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
calves.jpg

securedownload.jpg

Sept calves
47.jpg

a 3yr old predestine bull been with cows since 11/8 taken on 12/27
not the best pic in the world came from my cell phone

The calves are remarkable - the cows are wintering well - the bull needs to be replaced. He is lacking masculinity, cut up in the flank, long faced and minimal crest, indicating lack of testosterone -and fine-boned. Also lacks muscularity, particularly in the hind quarters - Funnel Butt.

DOC HARRIS

Your eartags confuse me. You have white & yellow (I use yellow in right ear for males & red in left ear for heifers). But with your pics, yellow might be in the right or or left, same with white. Is there some pattern I don't see? or have you flipped some of your pics?

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2n383pnu said:
Your eartags confuse me. You have white & yellow (I use yellow in right ear for males & red in left ear for heifers). But with your pics, yellow might be in the right or or left, same with white. Is there some pattern I don't see? or have you flipped some of your pics?
as for the eartags white for hfrs and yellow for bull calves
if you use 2 different colors why does it matter which ear they are in???? part of the purpose of two colors if worried about which why use two colors most just use same color and right or left

I don't doctor any of my pics like alot of folks on here

as for the bull I said in the first post the pic isn't very good and for some reason my cell phone distorts the image
in real life the bulls head isn't long and his body isn't that long either
DOc if I wanted your opinion for what it is worth I would of asked but
like many has said on her before you are a great one to sit 1000 miles away and look at a crappy pic pic it apart
everyone has their own opinion and I really don't care what you think you can see from a bad pic
I know what he throws and how he looks in person as do a few others on here and I would put my been a bulls up against anyones on here same goes for my pot loads of calves every yr when I sell

Why would you post a bad picture, and then get offended when someone makes a comment based off of the bad picture you posted?

VCC":3semomza said:
Why would you post a bad picture, and then get offended when someone makes a comment based off of the bad picture you posted?
he probably should have put them on ranchers net where folks like him make a living with their cattle...

I looked up the definition of barn blindness, here it is, quote; "when it is obvious your picture isn't lying, but your sure it has to be."

Just having some fun and stirring up the pot a bit.
Alan

Alan":1461574w said:
I looked up the definition of barn blindness, here it is, quote; "when it is obvious your picture isn't lying, but your sure it has to be."

Just having some fun and stirring up the pot a bit.
Alan
Like I said others on here have seen the bull and say the pic looks nothing like him and no they just aren't trying to not hurt my feelings
and No I am not barn blind I am probably more critical of my cows and bulls than most because they DO make my entire living

and for some reason my cell phone is distorting the pics when I zoom in like I said under the pic "not the best pic in the world"
but enough of this I don't have to justify my cows or operation to any of you hobby farmers because at the end of the yr I collect the check and the carcass data and KNOW what my cattle are doing

Dam nice calves AC. Not bad for a man with hatchet a$$ bulls. :lol: I was gonna post some pics of one of my bulls that I am particularly proud of. Pic looked like $hit. Showed it to my dad and he asked whose bull that was. :shock: I know you need everyones approval on here to make a living so I would suggest getting a "Glamour Shot" for your bull. The approval will be overwhelming and you will make more money. :cowboy:

Nice looking stock. If this little hobby farmer ever gets the picture thing figured out I'm threating to post a picture of my little dink bull. I only have one so he's all my cows have to work with. I do agree with the end result (calves) being the important factor.

fitz

fitz":3tye7syy said:
Nice looking stock. If this little hobby farmer ever gets the picture thing figured out I'm threating to post a picture of my little dink bull. I only have one so he's all my cows have to work with. I do agree with the end result (calves) being the important factor.fitz
alot of commercial cattlemen like angus cowman,, will set theirself up with a good consistant herd of moma cows to work with ..use a few decent bulls. """" even if folks dont like em'''' :cowboy: and make a living.... what helps feed the public

fitz":3t6vo6yc said:
Nice looking stock. If this little hobby farmer ever gets the picture thing figured out I'm threating to post a picture of my little dink bull. I only have one so he's all my cows have to work with. I do agree with the end result (calves) being the important factor.

fitz

My apologies to all you big time ranchers, after looking at the pic again you're right it's a great looking bull and any "hobby guy" doesn't have the right to even make a "what I thought was an obvious observation". The pic has surely distorted the lack of muscle, feminine look, pinched girth. Yes the calves look good, I must have been mistaken on the bull..... I'm just a hobby guy that is wiling to lay a couple of thousand dollars in a "real ranchers" hand for a heifer, maybe more for a good bull.

No offense, this is meant at the wannabe "real ranchers" not the real guys and gals, like Ned Jr., Harley, Idaman, j Hambley, now that I named a few I'm sure I missed many times the few i mentioned more.

Again, that is one of the best bulls I've have ever seen posted, I'm sure it's not the pic...... One day folks will be smart enough to know if you post a pic you may not get everyone patting you on the back.... Never mind that will never happen.

Alan

Alan, you quoted me so I guess you were responding to my post. Just for clarification, I was serious. I am a little hobby farmer and my current bull likely would be considered a dink to most on here. I just run a few commercial cows and raise most of my replacements. Some of my newer heifers are store bought as I try to improve and I have the same objective in mind everytime I buy a bull.

Seems I'm never completely satisfied with any bull I run. I usually purchase them young and as they mature I'm always finding something I don't like about them. I consider it a reflection of my poor eye for cattle and result of choices made.

Anyway, I do want to to put a picture up and get some feedback from those with more experience in what I should be looking for on the next one.

fitz

Latest posts