A few pics from today

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
purebred out of DLW Natural

Balancer bull out of a freedom grandaughter

A couple of my red cows. the one in front is my favorite cow......not my best cow but the one I never get tired of looking at

Abunch of the girls picking up their cake. They love that stuff

The bull. One of the last sons of Bennett Kingpin. This was the only shot I could get. He thought I still had the bag of cake and was following me like a puppy. He had a tuff winter and still needs to gain about 200lbs. He was doing well until he injured his left rear pastern and ended up laying around for 2 weeks instead of eating.

They all look good 3way, the bull and the calves are muscled up and the cows are in excellent condition.

gizmom":2ded0cib said:
Those red cows sure have beautiful udders, I bet their calves grow really well. Can't tell much about the bull other than he is wide and long. Nice looking cattle.

Gizmom

The older cow in the back is 8 and she could probably use a better front and rear attachment. The younger cow does have a good udder and the other one not pictured has a very nice udder.
I only have a couple that i don't feel have real nice udders!

The bull is long. Not very tall definately under a FS 6 maybe closer to 5.

gizmom":eytbyyq8 said:
Those red cows sure have beautiful udders, I bet their calves grow really well. Can't tell much about the bull other than he is wide and long. Nice looking cattle.

Gizmom
:nod: my thoughts too. Nice pictures, thanks for sharing. :tiphat:

CKC1586":296tqnkx said:
gizmom":296tqnkx said:

Gizmom
:nod: my thoughts too. Nice pictures, thanks for sharing. :tiphat:
yep, nice herd

pdfangus":jtvolt28 said:
nice herd 3 way...what elevation are you at?

The cows are at 7500'. There is a good chance that they are headed to over 9000' in a couple of weeks. Hopefully they will handle it well and no Briskett Disease issues.

The bull even though he is purebred Gelbvieh came from sea level and right now he is a question mark! He has had over a month to acclimate so hopefully he will be OK. If not i guess he will have to go back to low altitude sooner than I planned!

They look very healthy and happy. Really like the darker red cow that is your favorite. Nice "buts" on those bull calves too. Looks like you're doing it right my man.

TexasBred":3fznhtz7 said:
They look very healthy and happy. Really like the darker red cow that is your favorite. Nice "buts" on those bull calves too. Looks like you're doing it right my man.

Thanks TB if you look at the group picture she is on the left and you can see her width. She is AI'd to this bull http://bullbarn.com/gelbepd.asp?ID=291. I sure hope she took! If i remember right he was a champion at the NWSS and he has produced some real good cattle!

Impressive calves 3way :tiphat: . I really like the thickness they are expressing. Especially that Balancer calf. How is the drought situation where you are at? I have heard it is bad in some areas out there. The genetics are definitely there. I just hope the forage holds out for you.

1198133656_yrLte-Ti.jpg
Lots

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Latest posts