A Few Calf Pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
This is the time of year I really love- when calvings about over- grass is starting to grow- and you can smell rain in the air... :D I love to go around and look at the calves and try to envision how they will grow out before they head out to summer pasture...

This morning when I fed- mommas must have told the children to stay by the tree... 19 calves laying around the old rubbing tree..
calves4-11-10003.jpg

Do I look like a future herd sire? Definitely will be a calving ease special out a Cole Creek Goldmere 31N daughter who had the highest WW Prime Time D806 heifer calf last year.....I'm thinking this is a Whitney Creek Bannon 730T son but will have to DNA...
calves4-11-10005.jpg

This is my favorite heifer calf (not many registered heifers this year- all bulls with only a few registered cows left to calve)... She is OCC Magnitude out of a Bannon of Wye daughter...
calves4-11-10006.jpg

BULLFIGHT!!
calves4-11-10008.jpg

Heres a bull calf I'm watching- as this cow brought in the heaviest WW bull calf last fall....
calves4-11-10009.jpg

Heres my favorite little bull calf- OCC Magnitude out of a Cole Creek Juanada Lad 81T sired heifer...Really have hopes for him...
calves4-11-10010.jpg

This old cow had her baby and hid it in the brush- and I didn't find it for a day or two...Didn't take much detective work or DNA to match them up tho ;-)
calves4-11-10011.jpg

A couple more bull calves hitting the mineral...
calves4-11-10012.jpg

Nice pics. I have used OCC Magnitued on heifers for a couple years now. All the calves have been above average and most have been very good. The bad news I have only had one heifer calf out of Magnitude. She calved about 3 weeks ago, if I can figure out how to post pics, I will put some up.

Latest posts