A Cougar on Your Porch!

Help Support CattleToday:

OK Jeanne

Reaction score
cougar1.jpg

cougar2.jpg

cougar3.jpg

The message that came with these photos said these were taken in Watonga, Okla.
The man taking the photos said his two little kids were playing just inside that
plate glass door. The wildlife people have always said there are no cougars in
Okla....I suspect they will be careful about taking out the trash at night!! :shock:

It looks like a young one---and certainly not afraid of a grown-up person if it stayed
around for all the pictures.

OK Jeanne":3p0pcxph said:
The wildlife people have always said there are no cougars in
Okla....

They said the same thing around here for years but we knew better. All you had to do is listen to one of them scream back in the 70's and there was no doubt. We were hearing one then occasionally down on the Paluxy River near Glen Rose.

Folks around now have them on video. The wild life folks tell you "they have moved in." Most oldtimers tell ya they never left.

Around here the wildlife people will say it was somebodys pet. They been a few here as long i can remember. I used to coon hunt i would see one maybe two a year.

I have always been amazed by how scared most folks are in the woods after dark, and how many big cats are seen here every year. What is more amazing is they are seen by the deer hunters who are armed and none of them can hit one. It is like the ones that see the wolves hasn't been any in Texas in years.
I coon hunted for years enjoyed the sport enjoyed spending time with Dad more.
He was an avid coon and cat hunter I have seen a lot things in the woods and we treed a many bobcat.
Funny thing is those cat dogs never ran one of those big ones.
The range of these cats is huge like 200 square miles not behind every other tree.

Pics did not come up for me.
Got sent one just yesterday that was taken by a game cam that had a deer walking by with a cougar right behind it. Wish I could get it posted. Pretty cool pic.

Fact of the mater is more cougars have seen people than people seen cougars.
Have seen tracks of one on one of our places. Follows the creek. Last spring she had a little one trailing beside her. But have never seen her. Only have seen her tracks in the early spring.

Cal

Caustic Burno":3hr5amwc said:
The range of these cats is huge like 200 square miles not behind every other tree.

I think the population of mountain lions may be proportional to the imagination or amount of alcohol in the observer.

That goes for the nonexistent black ones too.

They are definately in Glen Rose, there was one on the high school football field last year, the security cameras caught it. you can see the video at http://www.grisd.net/gallery/ I personally saw 2 foxes on the field before. Guess we should do our predator hunting on the football field instead of out in the coastal field.

Talked to the clay county Game Warden just recentely and he told me due to the population increase of deer we also have an increase of cougars.

Cal

Latest posts