A bit of fun between working cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

KNERSIE

Reaction score
Worked cattle in Namibia two weeks ago and got a few shots in inbetween palpating and classing bulls. Not a planned hunt at all, but good fun nonetheless.

Great looking pics Harley! What did you end up doing with them? Wall mounts? Are they good eating? Is that hog worth eating?

Alan

Alan":3aeqaq57 said:
Great looking pics Harley! What did you end up doing with them? Wall mounts? Are they good eating? Is that hog worth eating?

Alan

I flew to Namibia so it was never the intention to hunt, the opportunity just came up and I couldn't resist. That kudu is definitely worth a trophy, he had an enormous set of horns with more width than usual.

Kudu is very good eating, very tender, the warthog is supposed to be very good to eat, but I've never eaten warthog before. Its a red meat. That particular one was very old as can be seen by all the wear on its tusks, not sure he would be so great to eat.

Great pics Harley! Is the supressor mandatory or just something you prefer to use. What caliber is your rifle?

3waycross":3ov2haig said:
Great pics Harley! Is the supressor mandatory or just something you prefer to use. What caliber is your rifle?

As far away from any civilization as I was NOTHING is mandatory! It was the farmer where I worked the cattle's rifle, like I said it wasn't planned at all. I don't think the supressor did much good, to be honest.

It's a Sako 7mm Remington Magnum, first time I shot it was when I shot the warthog. I have no experience with this caliber except the few shots fired on this hunt, but it seems a pretty useful alround caliber especially in SA where you are limited to how many firearms you may own.

Nice Kudo. Must be tough to work in that office.
As far as the hog goes that is one ugly beast, don't think I would want to get up and see that on the living room wall.

I just gotta ask Harley. What do you call that camo pattern you are wearing in the hog picture? :shock: :shock: :lol2:

3waycross":xbvsbbio said:
I just gotta ask Harley. What do you call that camo pattern you are wearing in the hog picture? :shock: :shock: :lol2:

Might have been the same camo shirt Harley had on for the kudo. :lol: Nice trophies Harley, just having some fun.

3waycross":2t8bnn73 said:

Palpation Attire, works really well in Africa, you should try it in your neck of the woods, too.

Latest posts