A big bull

Help Support CattleToday:

lithuanian farmer

Reaction score
Probably not many have seen, so will show one very big bull. He was in an agricultural show in Paris, France. He has participated in that show for three years in a row. He's a Maine Anjou bull. In 2014th his weight was 3728lbs, next year in 2015th it was 4166lbs and this year his weight was 4300lbs. He has beaten the previous show's weigh record. The previous record was from 1988th by another Maine Anjou bull, weight was 4237lbs.
He sure is a big boy. :)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ui0i ... is_animals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO2dmePJc3M

I used to go a lot of oxen pulls when I lived in New England and saw some teams that were north of 6,000lb. It was usually Chianina or Chianina x Holstein crosses. They shook the earth when they walked by. I can't imagine being around this guy, he's an absolute monster. I've never seen anything like this. Thanks for sharing.

I just don't know if I could make myself walk into that trailer in front of that beast! He's a "grown un". If he only knew that he could go wherever he wanted to when he wanted to he'd be bad!!

Workinonit Farm":2n2yt3od said:
Good lands he's a big fella! He walks like his feet hurt. He looks sore when he moves.
Thats what i thought

I wonder how good he is at breeding

Workinonit Farm":32shwb4g said:
ez14":32shwb4g said:
I wonder how good he is at breeding

They probably collect him, and use him AI. I can't imagine that he is used for live cover.
thats what i thought to

He might have a tough time with live cover

How much of what do you think he eats

Workinonit Farm":2dzck6yy said:
Good lands he's a big fella! He walks like his feet hurt. He looks sore when he moves.
Yea what's up with that??!
How do they do that( grow em that big) and why?

Kingfisher":t52emant said:
Workinonit Farm":t52emant said:
Yea what's up with that??!
How do they do that( grow em that big) and why?
im sure you would walk like that if you weighed that much to

Back when the breed first arrived in the US they were really big our son wanted to raise them he purchased a purebred heifer with the proceeds of his steer money. After pulling her fist calf at 120 pounds and her 2nd at 145 he decided that wasn't the path he wanted to travel. Now it seems all the Maine Anjou are black and polled, with acceptable birth weights.

Gizmom

Latest posts