90HP Tractor - Kubota vs John Deere

Help Support CattleToday:

SSS Angus":2iokgo6w said:
flaboy":2iokgo6w said:
I will never buy a Kubota.

Why :?:

Too light, sound like a bunch of marbles rolling around inside a tin can, they are a butt ugly orange color, they cost much more than they are worth, did I mention they are a butt ugly orange?

I have to agree that the dealer makes a big difference. I also looked at Massey. John Deere aswell as Kubota. I chose the kabota only because it had a deck (floor board) that was level.With my RA I am not easily mobil, however I would not have bought from our local dealer if I had known more about his business practices. As for traction, I added water which helped.My friend bought a John Deere and had more options and didnt pay any more than I did. All in all I will most likely be trading tractors soon.

One of the main reasons I didn't go with the JD was the dealers in our are over the past year have all went together and combined into one corporation and they have cornered the market with JD in my area so it makes it nearly impossible to price shop

fkaboy, why are you down on Kubotas so bad? Since they have come to the area it has been halloween all 12 month of the year.( look like big pumpkins to me)

I can't comment on the JD. Just wanted you to know that I faced the same decision on my new farm a few months ago and bought a one year old Kubota M9000 with 23 hours on it, 4WD and a front loader. I thought I got a steal at $25K. It's been a great tractor and has TONS of power.

I have a boxblade, spreader, wood chipper and bush hog as implements.

You can read my blog post about the tractor here

We bleed green....reason being, we ordered a baler that didn't come in when expected. The hay was ready and our dealer came out and PERSONALLY baled our 20 acres. Very good people... I've never felt like I was dealing with used car salesmen.

I have been pricing cab tractors in the area. Looking for a 70 PTO 4wd. I have found that the Kubota and the Deere as well as the other colors are in the same price range. In fact I have found the the Kubota is higher than a Deere. Also from my previous post you will find that I would prefer the John Deere over the others. I do not own a Deere at the moment. When I do pull string it will be for a tractor with the headquarters in the US. Guess what that leaves. The reason, to make sure my money stays here in the states. I am a beef producer, and when a hint of Mad Cow shows Korea and Japan cuts off all of the imports.

I personally would buy the John Deere for the resale as mentined before, but the JD is a heavier machine and just more comfortable to stay on for long periods of time. For the same horsepower, the John Deere will be able to do more because of the weight and the hydraulics. I had a Kubota once upon a time. It was a dependable tractor, but it was light. I couldn't load the box blade very much because the tractor didn't have enough weight to get traction. It would spin a hole in the ground. Took longer to do thing with it.

To me, the John Deere is just a better designed machine. I think a lot has a lot to do with what you grew up with too. It is a family thing.
Chuckie

Latest posts