706 diesel

Help Support CattleToday:

uplandnut

Reaction score
So I have just come across a 706 with a 310 german diesel that has 35 hours on a total rebuild. It's a second owner tractor used on a small farm. Tin is straight and tires are in great shape torque was redone quite a while ago, according to the owner. Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on the german diesel and what something like this is worth? Looking at tractor house the prices are anywhere from 7k-10k.

So I have just come across a 706 with a 310 german diesel that has 35 hours on a total rebuild. It's a second owner tractor used on a small farm. Tin is straight and tires are in great shape torque was redone quite a while ago, according to the owner. Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on the german diesel and what something like this is worth? Looking at tractor house the prices are anywhere from 7k-10k.
Its worth whatever someone is willing to pay... Personally if i see something I like I buy it and take a chance.

I wouldn't be concerned because it's a German diesel. If it suits your needs buy it.

I've got a Deutz D6206 I've had for 20 years. Never had one problem with it.

Friend has a 1976 John Deere 2630B. I was helping him with some parts and found out all the xx30 series tractors were made in Germany!

If it was built right..you'll get good service out of it..my 664 has German D239. it's a 72 model, and still going strong .don't use oil,Was rebuilt around 30 years ago

I have a 886 with German diesel, excellent motor
I'm not positive, but I think it's a different diesel engine. Had a neighbor that ran mostly red all his life. He said IH didn't make a diesel the was worth a darn until the 56 series came out.

I have a 63 706 with the 282 diesel and a 69 756 with the same d310 (German) that was in the later 706 tractors. I believe that 310 is a far better engine..no glow plugs plus equal or better power.
I have a friend who has two 706s one with each engine and he also prefers the d310.

Latest posts