6EM3

Help Support CattleToday:

I kept two sons of his and a few daughters. I loved them. I've shied away from selling him because the sons were kinda snorty but all of the daughters were really quiet cows and the ones with a bit of hereford were downright gentle. They really held up in tough country and the bull calves were all bulls from day one. They all weighed up right along side of some bigger growth genetics and a couple of the daughters lived on a part of the ranch where they never got more than a flake of hay a month and still brought in quality calves. I've thought about putting a little in my tank just to have something on hand that I know I'll like to make a few bulls in the future and it takes a lot to get me to do that with a particular bull.

Thanks CP. Exactly what I was looking for. I am looking at him for making moderate sized commercial females that can raise a good calf on grass. I like his EPDs and the picture ABS has of him really makes me like him. The only thing I want more of from him is marbling but that's not a huge deal.

Used some Consensus 7229 semen last year and those calves should be here starting next week. Thinking about using him again too.

Black and Good":i65lqthc said:
$B really low??? B&G
I can deal with that, personally. His $EN and $W are both good, and that's what I am looking for, along with moderate Milk EPD, good HP, Calving Ease, and average Carcass. I think he will make moderate females with adequate milk that can raise a good calf on grass and a bit of hay.

For me he is a cow maker. If I wanted scale mashing steers, I'd be looking at a Sim, limousin, Char, or heavy growth Angus bull for my cows.

FWIW - here is my Rito 6EM3 bull at 3.5 yrs old. He was AI calf to registered angus momma who was IMO "rangey" -- he's done superb on grass only (fescue) and breeding my hereford heifers. Got a good personality --we call him junkyard dog cause he hollers every time you come to pasture. Never been aggressive either.

Have some coming in March out of him. I like what I've seem before, but my only hesitation is possible toe conformation- not sure if it was his doing though. Anybody see any feet issues?

Mine were all sound but they were still pretty young when I sold out. Where they were running any problems like that showed up pretty early though.

Well I went ahead and bought 20 units. Going to use him on some heifers and a few of the larger framed cows I have to bring them down a bit. Hopefully it all works like i think it might haha. I guess I'll know this time next year when these calves are a couple months old.

Have 3 bulls on the ground from him out of some nice heifers, I hope at least one of them works out. Have a Coleman charlo bull calf out of one of the cows that brings in a nice calf every year that I'm interested in seeing what he does as well.

We purchased a bred heifer out of him last year at the Southeast Classic sale, when we did our ultrasound we found out she bred back AI, the calf she is raising is a dandy, she has maintained condition, I wouldn't mind a pasture full just like her. Reg# 15266350

Gizmom

Latest posts