66 degrees

Help Support CattleToday:

plumber_greg

Reaction score
66 degrees on December 30 at 4 o'clock, our average high is about 35. Took my longjohns off, but didn't put my shorts on, wanted to though. Wore a tee-shirt all day, no coat. Tomorrow morn is susposed to be 55 and 13 by afternoon, gonna' put the lj's back on. gs

plumber_greg":au9140h0 said:
66 degrees on December 30 at 4 o'clock, our average high is about 35. Took my longjohns off, but didn't put my shorts on, wanted to though. Wore a tee-shirt all day, no coat. Tomorrow morn is susposed to be 55 and 13 by afternoon, gonna' put the lj's back on. gs
sounds like tornado weather, probably be headed this way

I'm not going to be that warm, but I'm getting the same warming as Missouri. The snow cover left today, except in sheltered areas. It's gray/rainy, and mild for the date. Just waiting for the next phase. January could be darned near anything.

Now that you got them longjohns off you might go ahead and wash them so they will make the rest of the winter.

cowboy43":3qm6izs1 said:
Now that you got them longjohns off you might go ahead and wash them so they will make the rest of the winter.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :tiphat:

60's here n kansas today.i did where shorts and t-shirt all day.enjoyed it but i hate the drastic temp changes for the cattle as it seems that it usually causes sickness.

MO_cows":2dyzroux said:
I didn't catch the actual temp but it was freakishly warm for this time of year today.

One year in the 80's I was in Los Angeles with my wife and in'laws (at the time). On Christmas day it was like 72 degrees in Indiana. Warmer than LA. When we flew back in to Cincinnati after new years, it was -20. No lie.
January is always unpredictable, to say the least.

The temps will be in the 70's today and will be in a tornado watch box all day, it could get rough.

Our low this morning is 15 degrees above our normal high for today. High to morrow is supposed to be 10 degrees below the normal high. In an hour and a half spell last night we got 2.6 inches of rain and there is another band that looks about the same that hsould be here any time now.

Got up about 5 this morn to 26 degrees and thunder and lightning, about a half inch of rain that turned to ice, then sleet. Guess the high was midnite. Just got all the ice knocked off the internet dish so it'd work. Can you wash longjohns? gs

plumber_greg":185aobcv said:
Got up about 5 this morn to 26 degrees and thunder and lightning, about a half inch of rain that turned to ice, then sleet. Guess the high was midnite. Just got all the ice knocked off the internet dish so it'd work. Can you wash longjohns? gs
You can but do you really want to take them off this time of year? Washing them while you have them on doesn;t work very well

I've been plumbin' for nearly thirty years, Dun. Wet every day, sometime during the day , for thirty years. At ten degrees or below you freeze dry fast, no problem. Above that and you're wet all day. Does that count as washing the LJ's while you're wearing them? gs

plumber_greg":2sryp36d said:
I've been plumbin' for nearly thirty years, Dun. Wet every day, sometime during the day , for thirty years. At ten degrees or below you freeze dry fast, no problem. Above that and you're wet all day. Does that count as washing the LJ's while you're wearing them? gs

Do you get the Brown Racing Strip out when you wash em like that? :lol: :lol:

plumber_greg":3gpuwjsv said:
It should count. Just stick a bar of soap in each pit and go about your business

dun":nelu29ys said:
Our low this morning is 15 degrees above our normal high for today. High to morrow is supposed to be 10 degrees below the normal high. In an hour and a half spell last night we got 2.6 inches of rain and there is another band that looks about the same that hsould be here any time now.
talked to the wife yesterday morning (the morning you posted this) she was feeding cows and it was 60
I got home last nite was still around 50
this morning we were at 18
heck of a temp change left Jeds at noon yesterday and it was 71 fed cows this morning was 18

got in a storm on the way home temp dropped from 71 to 53 in 4 miles

71 here today. Drizzling rain. What struck me was last week we were in the 40's and it was in the sixties in Kentucky!

I'm sure glad someone is getting nice weather- because we are having a winter from He!!...First snows came in October- and even tho I had grass to graze into the New Year- all the snow we kept getting made it so we had to start feeding the first week of Dec... :( Haystacks sure don't look as big as they did back last fall....

And since then we have just had snowstorm after snowstorm...About all we do around here now is plow out the yard and haypens.... And shovel paths into barns and building doors...

And last night the bottom went out of the thermometer-- I had minus 35 this morning- and several neighbors said theirs bottomed out at minus 40...

The grass that will come from all this moisture will be great- but getting to grass time is starting to get a little tough-- and old....

Latest posts