5083e fuel pump

Help Support CattleToday:

It has no guts, and I believe if I was to give it about 10% more horses it would use less fuel, mine seems dead headed and acts like it's in a strain most of the time I'm working it. I've got a 2345 Gehl mower conditioner and it loads it's but. You can cut 20ac of hay and burn over 20 gal of fuel.

rollinhills":ofsxxgex said:
It has no guts, and I believe if I was to give it about 10% more horses it would use less fuel, mine seems dead headed and acts like it's in a strain most of the time I'm working it. I've got a 2345 Gehl mower conditioner and it loads it's but. You can cut 20ac of hay and burn over 20 gal of fuel.

Mine seems to have lots of power. I would have it checked. There is a JD dealership not far from you. DeMossville

I would not tinker with it myself. I had my JD 5210 pump re-calibrated up 10% and the shop charged me $125. I noticed a difference immediately and it has no heat problems noticed either. This has been several years ago and with all the new emission crap it might be hard to get one re calibrated now.

rollinhills":1rw6y6qg said:

Could be worse. You could have a 3 cylinder E.
Not sure on yours - - but I suspect the hp is based on high rpm, and there is not much of a power band.
What is PTO rpm and where are you running it?

Stocker Steve":6coafxgo said:
rollinhills":6coafxgo said:

Could be worse. You could have a 3 cylinder E.
Not sure on yours - - but I suspect the hp is based on high rpm, and there is not much of a power band.
What is PTO rpm and where are you running it?
PTO speed is about 2200 rpm. It pulls the mower ok but it seems to be against the govener most of the time

Latest posts