$50,000 sign on bonus............

Help Support CattleToday:

I like how they blame the shortfall on covid.

The Army is seeking to blunt the pandemic-fueled labor shortage rocking the country's economy with its largest bonus ever — $50,000.​
In a release Wednesday, military recruiting officials said the incentive, for qualified recruits who sign up for certain career paths and agree to active-duty six-year enlistments, is aimed at luring the "same talent" that private companies are competing for.​
"This is an opportunity to entice folks to consider the Army," Brig. Gen. John Cushing said in a statement.​

It's for a 6 year commitment for "certain specialties"-so that averages $9,000/year or $750/month. Not a whole lot for the folks who sign up to defend our freedom. As a comparison, the boosters from the university of Texas (tu) are offering $50k to all of the offensive linemen with the name/image/likeness options now open. Be better off being a lineman for 4 years…

It's for a 6 year commitment for "certain specialties"-so that averages $9,000/year or $750/month. Not a whole lot for the folks who sign up to defend our freedom. As a comparison, the boosters from the university of Texas (tu) are offering $50k to all of the offensive linemen with the name/image/likeness options now open. Be better off being a lineman for 4 years…

I'm pretty sure that's just a signing bonus, and they still get paid every month.

I would say to get the max sign on bonus you would have to have something they are looking for............the right education, experience, know-how needed skills, proven leadership and about average.

Last edited:
Yep, the Eagle will still poop their regular pay 1st and 15th no matter how much signing or re-enlistment bonus one gets..
Correct, I just meant than an average of $750 extra a month over 6 years may or may not be worth it. Not that it was their total for 6 years😳.

Dang my cousin's boy finished basic at Pendleton a couple months ago. Never thought I'd say this, but maybe he should've gone to the Army.

I would say to get the max sign on bonus you would have to have something they are looking for............the right education, experience, know-how needed skills, proven leadership and about average.
Yes.
Even tho 2020 was a difficult year for recruiters (no person to person meetings with prospective recruits) all 4 services met their recruitment goals.
What was missing in that data was how easily (or with difficulty) they were able to fill certain high tech fields or Military Occupational Specialties. (MOS)

It's not just education or ability to learn tho. Some of those jobs require restricted service via lengthy deployment in way out of the way places.

Yes.
Even tho 2020 was a difficult year for recruiters (no person to person meetings with prospective recruits) all 4 services met their recruitment goals.
What was missing in that data was how easily (or with difficulty) they were able to fill certain high tech fields or Military Occupational Specialties. (MOS)

It's not just education or ability to learn tho. Some of those jobs require restricted service via lengthy deployment in way out of the way places.
A neighbors daughter signed up to be in military police, completed basics in Texas. Of all places they had her in Afghanistan last year.

Correct, I just meant than an average of $750 extra a month over 6 years may or may not be worth it. Not that it was their total for 6 years😳.
Hmm... so you're saying those who signed up the month before the bonus was offered were idiots or played for fools?

Some Minnesota healthcare providers have started offering 1,000 - $6,000 sign on bonuses for new hire employees. (bonus varies by position, paid on employee's
1st anniversary)

Last edited:
Trucking companies are paying huge sign-on bonuses for driving truck. But of course they have to pass a drug test. Those that can pass a drug test are getting harder and harder to find.

Trucking companies are paying huge sign-on bonuses for driving truck. But of course they have to pass a drug test. Those that can pass a drug test are getting harder and harder to find.
I remember them advertising a bonus and hiring you while they sent you to trucking school.

Latest posts