41 magnum vs 44 magnum

Help Support CattleToday:

Anything you can hunt with a gun that can be held with one hand and expect to come out on top in a SHTF situation
should not be considered 'Big Game'. Lady Luck can and will be fickle at the most inappropriate time. J M O

Anything you can hunt with a gun that can be held with one hand and expect to come out on top in a SHTF situation
should not be considered 'Big Game'. Lady Luck can and will be fickle at the most inappropriate time. J M O
I am actually not intending to kill anything unless it's about to get me or the dogs first.

I am actually not intending to kill anything unless it's about to get me or the dogs first.
I had an ole sow one morning trying to kill me and ole Rube squirrel hunting.
Ole Rube was killing piglets and that old sow wanted us dead. After five loads of 6's out of a 16 gauge she decided it was too hot. I don't think I killed her.

I wouldn't use a pistol but as luck would have I left my Howitzer in my other pants that day. Fickle wench indeed!

I had an ole sow one morning trying to kill me and ole Rube squirrel hunting.
Ole Rube was killing piglets and that old sow wanted us dead. After five loads of 6's out of a 16 gauge she decided it was too hot. I don't think I killed her.
I suspect that the pigs are so much faster and unpredictable.

Traded for a 4" stainless 44 mag with a ported barrel last weekend. Trying to decide on a chest holster now.
Nice Kenny that will be really handy. The leather Alaskan Guide holsters are the best, they carry them tight to your body and out of the way, great for crawling thru the ivy bushes. They are pricey and last time I looked into them they had a pretty good wait time to get them. S&W 629? If you decide you dont like it I know somebody who would be interested!

Nice Kenny that will be really handy. The leather Alaskan Guide holsters are the best, they carry them tight to your body and out of the way, great for crawling thru the ivy bushes. They are pricey and last time I looked into them they had a pretty good wait time to get them. S&W 629? If you decide you dont like it I know somebody who would be interested!
Actually it is a Taurus. If I'm going to scratch it up and get it nasty it's going to be a cheaper one.

I carry a Ruger super blackhawk in .44 mag when in bear country. It is loaded with 325 grain hard cast bullets by buffalo bore. They are HOT. I have seen what they do to cinder blocks. Hope I never have to be in a situation to find out what they do to a bear

There is nothing wrong with a Taurus. I really like the grips on some of them. Did you find a holster yet? I bought a bandolier style from Sportsman's Guide for my Redhawk and I like it a lot but had to add a clip to keep it from twisting forward when crawling, but it carries really nice walking and is quick to slip on and off. It handles the weight well and has built in shell holders too. AK Guide is probably still a much better holster but was double the money and had long wait. Just another option to think about.

There is nothing wrong with a Taurus. I really like the grips on some of them. Did you find a holster yet? I bought a bandolier style from Sportsman's Guide for my Redhawk and I like it a lot but had to add a clip to keep it from twisting forward when crawling, but it carries really nice walking and is quick to slip on and off. It handles the weight well and has built in shell holders too. AK Guide is probably still a much better holster but was double the money and had long wait. Just another option to think about.
Haven't bought one yet. Had a shoulder holster for now. But it's a month till season so I got time

Availability of ammo is the big issue at the moment. I'm partial to the most common loads.

Latest posts