40hp Komatsu

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Any one have of these dozers. I know they are grey market. There are some others the same size by different MFG. Would you buy another. Would really like to have a case 450 with the cumming engine in it. More Hp and more money. The Komatsu's are selling between 9500 and 12000 with the case about 17500.

I have no experience with the 40 hp units but have ran larger ones for more hours than I care to admit. I would certainly buy one without any quams. I clear land all over and sometimes its not worth dragging mine all over so I rent a dozer and they have all been top notch.

Good little machines, but there's a huge difference in the work a d20 or 21 will do compared to a d31 or that 450 size machine. The 40hp rigs are nice for shaping a yard up next to houses and other things where you just need something small for a tight spot. I like a cummins engine as much as anyone, but the rest of the case out weighs the the good of the engine in my opinion. For your 17500$ price I would be looking at a 450E or 450g john Deere or d31 Komatsu or even a d3 cat, all good machines. If you would rather stay in the 10 to 12000$ range I would probably look at a older 450c Deere

I have a Komatsu D21A. Good *little* dozer. Use it to push brush back and build small access trails through the woods. Gets about 75 hours per year, runs and starts every time. I have no complaints about it at all.

Latest posts