4 year old angus bred cows worth

Help Support CattleToday:

millstreaminn

Reaction score
Hi. I've got 12 4 year old angus grade cattle and I want to sell 6 in private sale. These cows are good framed, slick, fat and due to freshen again in November. They are also easy working and calm. I'm in North Central Pennsylvania and I was wondering what a fair price for the cows would be? Not looking to get rich, not looking to give them away either. Ideas?

Thanks!

Thanks Steve. I'm just looking to downsize a bit. My cattle are strictly a hobby to me, but with 26 head of cows, yearlings and young stock, it's getting to be more of a job than a hobby. I know I could send them to slaughter, but they are too good and young for that. Just looking to "re-home" them, if you will...

Here's a few shots of my cattle. I have them advertised at $1275 each and have had all sorts of response. Looks like I was low on the price? (Looks like the software cropped my pictures funny, sorry)

I agree here in mo or anywhere a few hundred miles west of you, they were worth about 1500$ they are very nice cows, better than I expected. But everything I know about the cattle market is, they are genrally cheaper as Far East as you are.

denvermartinfarms":3b8icrb5 said:
I agree here in mo or anywhere a few hundred miles west of you, they were worth about 1500$ they are very nice cows, better than I expected. But everything I know about the cattle market is, they are genrally cheaper as Far East as you are.

breds were 1200. and pair 1350. yesterday down here.

denvermartinfarms":1xm3kxwo said:

Short bred common cows here are only about $1,100. Hay is too high for most folks and half of MN is in a drought.
Pairs with small calves can be as high as $1,600 to $1,700.

Those are some beautiful cows. The 4 year old Nov fresheners would have been 1800-1950 at a sale I was at a couple of weeks ago. Would be 1600-1950 at just about any sale around here. You just don't see cows like that for sale and there is virtually no limit on the price someone will give to get them

I agree the thing is you can't find 4-5 year old cows in that type of shape with nothing wrong with them. You could have gotten probably $1600 - $1700 here or maybe more from the gamblers willing to bet that corn will stay low and prices on cattle will be really high next spring.

Latest posts