3-year old bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
Hi guys/gals. Thought I would risk getting battered with my latest pic of Macho. This was taken last month (snow - yeah lots better than the pouring rain now :mad: ) He turned 3 in September.
He has mud/snow all over his head, and tail head looks high because of extra hair, but here he is in all his wooley winter coat. Hard to really appreciate his clean front end with his head down & so much bull "frontal hair."
Macho_3_yrs_winter.jpg

Couldn't resist showing him when he was clean -June 05
SV_Macho_w_Dad.jpg

First picture he looks like a Highland
Too bad about the color

dun

i like him. he is a good looking bull.

jt

Jeanne, I'm really curious to know how tall he is and what he weighs, because believe it or not, he is structurally built so similar to our Galloway bull and a friends Highland bull, they could pass for clones. Yes, believe it or not, Highlands have come a long way with correctness and structural quality. Of course, the Highland and Galloway versions are in the 1800-2200 lb weight division at that age.

Jeanne,

Believe it or not, I prefer to see a bull in his working clothes. Maybe even worked down a little.

I saw this bull in March last year. He is SOLID. Not fat but well muscled. Smaller framed than I expected. When he walks he tracks very well. For a heavy built bull he moves really free. Smooth and clean fronted too.

He still looks great Jeanne!! Keep up the good work. Are you bringing him back for display this year???

jeanne the only problem i see with your cattle is there in new york. ;-) you got some dang fine animals no dought its because you stay on top of your program

Jeanne,

I like him alot.

I would be glad to offer a place for him to stay for a break from the cold; say January to March....

nice critter Jeane, he looks a lot better in my mind in the wooly picture, looks like he's deeper bodied than he was when he was younger

jaydill":5qrokynh said:
Curious...what's wrong with black?

Nothing at all. Maybe some people that have red feel like they are not following the trendy, therefore being true to their breed.

Doesn't make a difference to me, a cow doesn't have to be a particular color to be good. But black still brings the bucks down here.

Same here, show cattle wise anyway. That's why I was wonderin. Thanks JHH. :)

He still looks good Jeanne. BTW the best bull I saw at Denver this year was a red Simmental bull ( wish I would have got his name.) He was absolutely good all over. Flawless. He did have a hundred pound bw but I could sure use one like him as a terminal sire in my operation. He ...did I say he was good. I mean no flaws whatsoever that one could obviously see. Jan calf I think. He didn't show on the hill .