3 Weeks

Help Support CattleToday:

Awe come on. Set the alarm for 2 a.m. Wake up, change the all the clocks in the house, in the trucks, and then go back to bed.

M-5":28ru4q6q said:
TexasBred":28ru4q6q said:
M-5":28ru4q6q said:
TB, Ill quit complaining when you get the business world to think this way. Heck if you will insure and guarantee me the todays cattle prices for the next 25 years i'll quit the business world and work on the farm and not complain anymore.

Sorry Mdash5 :hide: ...I can't make that guarantee so I guess we just gotta keep our nose to the grindstone. (Don't forget to set the clock forward at 2AM).

funny thing is I normally don't set it back but on a few clocks so in essence my clock will be right when daylight saving began and I wont have to think so hard about what time it is.

Now that's a thankin' man. No need to change them all then wonder if they're all an hour fast, an hour slow or on time. :mrgreen:

Im so close to eastern time zone slow time , fast time comes into play every day. My Son works just this side of the river but they use est at the prison. When you call a business around here and ask their hours they will usally tell you if its fast time or slow time. people that aren't from around here will give you funny looks.

I hate time change. I start at 2AM when it's supposed to kick in and that means that some of my herds have been milking for an hour or two on the old schedule and some are starting on the new schedule but they all expect me to be "on time". This year is a lot easier as I've dropped quite a few herds and I started my selection process on which herds to keep with customer disposition culls but it's still a pain... Maybe even more so now as I really like the guys I have now and want them to get the service they want.

Caustic Burno":2ho8i69m said:
I hate it the day is no longer just a BS job on your mind.
There is no more daylight to save the length of the day is the same as it always
has been starts at sunrise ends at sunset. Has nothing to do with a clock.

Agreed!!!!! I hate having to change clocks, and dang time change always messes me up. Pick one and leave it.

It is called daylight saving time, yet electricity use always goes up after the turn. Totally pointless if you ask me.

ANAZAZI":39uurtjl said:
It is called daylight saving time, yet electricity use always goes up after the turn. Totally pointless if you ask me.

It was originally suggested as a pun. A joke. Guess someone took it serious.

backhoeboogie":2pzp7oxg said:
ANAZAZI":2pzp7oxg said:

It was originally suggested as a pun. A joke. Guess someone took it serious.

Now the joke is on us. :yuck:

If you have an off the farm job with set regular hours it is sure nice. It gives me an extra hour in the evening after work to get things done. I don't mind driving to work in the dark in the morning.

Latest posts