3 Weeks

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm a night owl, getting up an hour earlier doesn't make me happy. The cows are going to be surprised that I'm feeding an hour earlier, but that works better than an hour later for them!

Dun had a post about cutting a foot off of the top of the blanket and sewing it back onto the bottom. Think it was an old indian saying.

I suppose now we do the opposite?

I hate it the day is no longer just a BS job on your mind.
There is no more daylight to save the length of the day is the same as it always
has been starts at sunrise ends at sunset. Has nothing to do with a clock.

We are dark by 6 also, while it will be nice to have it light until 6:30 or 7 the flip side is it's light at 7am now we'll lose that for a little bit. But it's another sign spring is around the corner!

Alan":33b9o3ts said:
We are dark by 6 also, while it will be nice to have it light until 6:30 or 7 the flip side is it's light at 7am now we'll lose that for a little bit. But it's another sign spring is around the corner!

If you go to work at daylight you don't have to look at the clock.

Really glad you folks don't live in Alaska where I used to live. You'd kill yourself in the summer months.

LRTX1":3p1ntj9c said:
I like it where it is now, it used to wreck me when it changed in the middle of turkey season.
I wish they would wait until after turkey season so i can hunt before work. When time changes, it dont allow me enough daylight before i have to be at work.

TexasBred":3pzjnwtv said:
That's when a bit of common sense is suppose to kick in.

Yes

I think that is what the old indian was talking about with the blanket too.

backhoeboogie":2xvw8iyw said:
TexasBred":2xvw8iyw said:

Yes

Yep only way to get more daylight is to simply get up with the sun whatever time it is.

TexasBred":3blfxi6j said:
backhoeboogie":3blfxi6j said:
TexasBred":3blfxi6j said:

Yes

Yep only way to get more daylight is to simply get up with the sun whatever time it is.

TB, Ill quit complaining when you get the business world to think this way. Heck if you will insure and guarantee me the todays cattle prices for the next 25 years i'll quit the business world and work on the farm and not complain anymore.

M-5":2fgapiu8 said:
TB, Ill quit complaining when you get the business world to think this way. Heck if you will insure and guarantee me the todays cattle prices for the next 25 years i'll quit the business world and work on the farm and not complain anymore.

Sorry Mdash5 :hide: ...I can't make that guarantee so I guess we just gotta keep our nose to the grindstone. (Don't forget to set the clock forward at 2AM).

TexasBred":q6jplxla said:
M-5":q6jplxla said:

Sorry Mdash5 :hide: ...I can't make that guarantee so I guess we just gotta keep our nose to the grindstone. (Don't forget to set the clock forward at 2AM).

funny thing is I normally don't set it back but on a few clocks so in essence my clock will be right when daylight saving began and I wont have to think so hard about what time it is.