3 in 1 prices

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
I talked with a man that has Angus cows with 6 month calves that are already AI bred back. I know the guy that did the AI and it's from a registered Angus bull. All the cows were heifers and now with their first calf, none had any calving problems (there were 13 of them). I can't afford all of them but wanted to get an idea of what a fair price is for these 3 in 1s. They are quality Angus cattle that have been handled and cared for properly.

If they have 6 month old calves why don't you split the calves off and just buy the cows?

I would say if the prices where you are is like they are around here they will bring $1100-1400 per hd
the calves should bring around $1pr lb so if they weigh 450 that makes the cows down around $800-1000

Ya'll need to come down here and buy angus cows. July 10 papered angus 6 and 7 month bred went for $550. The ring man started that pen at $700 with no takers.

I wish I could find some good angus cows for that price. I have been wanting to put a good hudgins brammer bull on some angus cows and make me some replacements. It is extremly difficult to find decent replacements here and when you do find them they are extremly high priced.

backhoeboogie":jvbue8pe said:
Ya'll need to come down here and buy angus cows. July 10 papered angus 6 and 7 month bred went for $550. The ring man started that pen at $700 with no takers.

Folks do not start seeing some significant moisture, there will be lots of cheap cows with calves at foot over the next three months

Anyone on the buy needs to be patient - no rain - no pasture - no winter feed - be lots of animals going to the market and many of those - being real good or not will go straight to slaughter

Do not be in a hurry tn.

Bez+

I'm looking to add some beefmaster cows or heifers to my herd. A local breeder that I've bought from before is selling registered beefmaster 3 in 1's for $1400, and bred heifers for $600 to $700. I'm going over next week to see if he'll let me cherry pick the better ones. From the pics he sent me, all of his cows are suffering from lack of grass - and he'll probably have to do something soon. A couple of years back, I made him an offer for all 15 head (mixed heifers and cows) that he had for sale. I may do something similar this year as well. I love those beefmasters.

In our local market bulletin, a man is selling 3 to 5 year old bred registered angus cows for $1050 each.

backhoeboogie":329z6ov3 said:

Much the same here. If you'll come down here to the sale barn, we would actually have people bidding against each other for a change.

The calves would average 1.10-1.20. Cows 850-1000. size matters some. Their age brings up the value.

Bez+":6kxgmweq said:
backhoeboogie":6kxgmweq said:

Folks do not start seeing some significant moisture, there will be lots of cheap cows with calves at foot over the next three months

Anyone on the buy needs to be patient - no rain - no pasture - no winter feed - be lots of animals going to the market and many of those - being real good or not will go straight to slaughter

Do not be in a hurry tn.

Bez+
Depends on where you are!
we have had good moisture have lots of grass and lots of hay also alot of the short timers have sold out and there is alot of pasture to rent around here
Talked to the bull hauller that hauled my calves last week said he had been hauling cows out of Tx to all points east for the last 30-45 days

Yes, most of Texas, especially south of Waco, have been really really suffering. The barns down around Giddings have been selling cattle most of the night for the past couple of weeks. No hay, no grass, nothing else to be done for many producers. I hate seeing it.. especially when a lot of them will give up and not get back into it.

A friend took some good Angus pairs to Buffalo last Saturday and got between $1000 = $1100 for them, which I thought was pretty good. Said the calves where bringing $.92 for heifers and $1.03 for bull calves.

I guess I'm looking at this differently. If these are quality cattle that have the performance, pedigree and phenotype that you want, and they are from an experienced respected breeder, I would pay $1500-2500 for bred, problem-free 2 1/2 year olds with 6 month old calves at their sides.
I wouldn't be looking to pay auction house prices for my breeding stock.

the way he talked those are comm pairs an not reg.if reg 3 in 1s then id say $1500 to $2500 like you.

OLF":1clc9c32 said:
I guess I'm looking at this differently. If these are quality cattle that have the performance, pedigree and phenotype that you want, and they are from an experienced respected breeder, I would pay $1500-2500 for bred, problem-free 2 1/2 year olds with 6 month old calves at their sides.
I wouldn't be looking to pay auction house prices for my breeding stock.

And if everything went according to plan they'd be worth $2500 in about 2 years. No need to pay more than the market commands. It's a buyer's market.

I like a good deal as much as the next person, but in bad times I don't take advantage of one persons bad luck for my gain. We all have a rough idea what it takes to raise cattle. We should know what a fair price is where both people can benefit.

I am a firm believe or Karma... what goes around comes around. ;-)

Brute 23":1kyqqaat said:
I like a good deal as much as the next person, but in bad times I don't take advantage of one persons bad luck for my gain. We all have a rough idea what it takes to raise cattle. We should know what a fair price is where both people can benefit.

I am a firm believe or Karma... what goes around comes around. ;-)

Fair is fair but so is getting a good deal. I know a lot of folks that would love to sell you some cows right now. ;-)

Latest posts