3/4 Brahman x Hereford cross

Help Support CattleToday:

Pineywoods230

Reaction score
Looking at some 3/4 Brahman x 1/4 angus replacements to add to my herd. Currently running brangus with a Hereford bull and wanting to see some pictures of what kind of calf crop to expect to see how different they'd be from my regular brangus

Thanks

Looking at some 3/4 Brahman x 1/4 angus replacements to add to my herd. Currently running brangus with a Hereford bull and wanting to see some pictures of what kind of calf crop to expect to see how different they'd be from my regular brangus

Thanks
Good luck that cross is going to be hard to find.
Not a lot of F1 Brangus like the Tigers out there.
You're already producing a super baldy that's hard to beat!
Be easier to find cleaner Brangus with more Angus characteristics.

Good luck that cross is going to be hard to find.
Not a lot of F1 Brangus like the Tigers out there.
You're already producing a super baldy that's hard to beat!
Be easier to find cleaner Brangus with more Angus characteristics.
Just my curiosity wanting to see if anyone had some I could see. They're a good price and that's what drew them to my attention

Black, pictures posted
NIce looking bunch of heifers! They will be heterazygous for black, so if you use a Hereford, then half of the calves could be red or brindled. If you just absolutely want bwf calves, then use a homozygous for black Black Hereford or a bwf Simm. If you used an Angus, the calves will be the same composite as a Brangus..5/8 Angus and 3/8 Brahman. Are you going to sell them all at weaning, or do you plan to grow the heifers for your own replacements or to sell as replacements?

NIce looking bunch of heifers! They will be heterazygous for black, so if you use a Hereford, then half of the calves could be red or brindled. If you just absolutely want bwf calves, then use a homozygous for black Black Hereford or a bwf Simm. If you used an Angus, the calves will be the same composite as a Brangus..5/8 Angus and 3/8 Brahman. Are you going to sell them all at weaning, or do you plan to grow the heifers for your own replacements or to sell as replacements?
I'd most likely sell all calves at least for now. To small to really justify keeping replacements myself, these are a little small to breed immediately but keeping separate a few months is no issue. Don't really want to change bulls, he's throwing solid calves and works well with my current cows so limited to my Hereford atm. And can't justify another bull/herd

Just use his Brangus and get super baldies everytime.
He's trying to fix something that's not broken.

The calves will show more Brahman influence than your calves now.

It's hard to say if or how much it will effect your calf sales. You will likely loose some on the price but may gain pounds. On 9 head, my guess is it will be a wash.

If you like them and want to try some thing new, I don't think there is much down side and there may be some up.

If you are some one who wants a uniform calf crop to haul to the sale barn and that's all you are interested in, then they are probably more of a hassle than a help. Just go more Brangus and keep on keeping on.

It comes down to what you want to do. Those 9 head are not going to make or break you. If you have an itch to scratch... cant go wrong scratching it with those... even if you never do it again, IMO. 😄

Last edited: