269 New Holland. It lives!!

Help Support CattleToday:

It must be a later model than my International B-46 as it has a cover over the conrod. My B-46 still pumps bales out very reliably and even ties good knots in the nylon baling twine. I appreciate old stuff like that that still works well.

Ken

I'm pretty dad gum excited about it! 🤠

I think this one was made between 1964 and 1968

Twas a bit of work getting the ol girl going again. Biggest issue was timing, and a couple lil 10 cent springs for the knotter clutch that I had no idea were missing. Once I found the springs and got it timed (i think it was in time to begin with but we screwed that up tinkering) a minor adjustment to the trip mechanism for the knotters and we were off to the races!

Only broke 2 shear pins fiddling around. That's when I found out the safety mechanism that keeps the chamber stuffer from hitting the needles works!

Perhaps we can put up some oat hay next. We will see.

I have an old Super Hayliner 69 to make about 100 bales a year with for barn hay. Wire tie so we always have baling wire around for temporary repairs.

Twas a bit of work getting the ol girl going again.
Biggest issue was timing, and a couple lil 10 cent springs for the knotter clutch that I had no idea were missing. Once I found the springs and got it timed (i think it was in time to begin with but we screwed that up tinkering) a minor adjustment to the trip mechanism for the knotters and we were off to the races!

Only broke 2 shear pins fiddling around. That's when I found out the safety mechanism that keeps the chamber stuffer from hitting the needles works!

Careful now . . . . ;)

NICE! I had to break out our wire the baler on the second day of baling. Had a sprocket crack in the old NH 68. Greased & lubed the JD 336 and went back to baling.
I bought 2 boxes of Red Brand wire. $87 a box. Ouch! Can't wait to get the NH fixed.
Looks like your baler does a nice job. Is that standard 12ga baling wire?
I know that's right!
Fella bought these 2 boxes of wire for me in exchange for baling and hes throwing I some bales for me too. Mainly I wanted to get it going. Another friend has some amazing Bermuda. I wanna help get it put up right this year. Most bales came up very good. Theres an occasional oddball. 🤷‍♂️

It's not real new holland wire tho.
HW brand?
20210606_094336.jpg

Twas a bit of work getting the ol girl going again. Biggest issue was timing, and a couple lil 10 cent springs for the knotter clutch that I had no idea were missing. Once I found the springs and got it timed (i think it was in time to begin with but we screwed that up tinkering) a minor adjustment to the trip mechanism for the knotters and we were off to the races!

Fixing a broke part is one thing. A missing part can really get you.
Respect from me for getting it figured out. Better start saving some money to support your haymaking habit....it'll only get worse..lol.

I'm already wondering how much that 50 year old belt is gonna cost..

I've never been much on paint and polish, but I caught myself wondering what it would like all painted up nice.

Yeah... gotta be careful!

I had a 269 hayliner twine tie, loved it. Did have to rebuild the knotter assembly once and pulled the plunger and replaced all of the bearings. We always ran NH square balers. The worst one we ever had was a 68 that had the wooden wad board, don't know how many of those we replaced.

Anyone ever run one of these with an old 8N?

I've a heard it can be done...
I've seen lots of old square balers being pulled around with pretty small tractors. I sure think a 8n . The greatest small tractor ever. Would do the job. Go slow and make sure the hays good and dry. Take some coffee , she's going rock you to sleep.. lol

Grandpa had a 9N (I have it now) it was his atv, gyro mowing, hay raking, snow blading, do it all machine. But when it came time for square baling the "big" JD A got hooked up. ;)
with a 4 forward gear transmission I think 1st would be slow enough. A 9N would be to fast in heavy hay.

I've seen lots of old square balers being pulled around with pretty small tractors. I sure think a 8n . The greatest small tractor ever. Would do the job. Go slow and make sure the hays good and dry. Take some coffee , she's going rock you to sleep.. lol
Hehe...
It does rock a bit when the pto is up! We ran it first time with my buddies tl100.

One more picture...
Took a break and let it dry the rest of the day. There was a couple wet spots yet.
1st gear is almost too fast in heavy hay. Especially the thick thick johnsongrass. Broke a couple shear bolts. That was aggravating. The rocking was not as bad as I thought it would be as long as your moving. Tractor that light really didnt rock much more than the big tractor we used last time. Had a couple hiccups midway thru and for whatever reason a couple bales didnt tie off and made a mess. Baled the rest and picked up the wire, moved a few bales and rebaled the ones that didnt tie. Also had one baled that tied itself to the next bale! Interesting!!
87 bales went pretty smooth. About an acre or so.
20210807_182715.jpg
After it was all done, began the fun part of loading it up to move to the barn. Alternator locked up on the truck and killed the engine. Got the FORD! (That I should've been using anyway! Right tool for the job) @Chevy and finished the job that the GM couldnt handle today. 😂🤣😂🤣
Went to back the trailer in barn and forgot about the hot wire i ran across the top to continue a small patch of fence. Yeah....
I got lots more work tomorrow!