2500lb plus

Help Support CattleToday:

😆 isn't it amazing how quickly the bald face Herefords became goggled eyed?
Yes, and some look just like red baldies with no white on the neck or legs.
Herefords along with another well known breed went from smaller than the continentals to comparative in a short time always wondered how that happened so fast🤔
Now it seems a lot of Herefords are trying to regress back to toads.

Last edited:
Looking for a 2500lb plus hereford bull to use A-I. Any suggestions. Harpers won't answer E-Mail.
Plenty of bulls can get to 2500lb with feed - which is how almost all of them get there. Might want to pick something a little more genotype related.

With a Hereford?

Chianina crossed with Hereford, maybe. Not likely with a straight Hereford.
I went to a lot of ox pulls in the northeast and those boys would use Chianinas. Teams weighed 5200#+ no problem, but those were big mature oxen that were working every day and living in a small pasture/stall. I can't imagine one walking a field breeding cows keeping a lot of weight on, but I've been surprised before.

I went to a lot of ox pulls in the northeast and those boys would use Chianinas. Teams weighed 5200#+ no problem, but those were big mature oxen that were working every day and living in a small pasture/stall. I can't imagine one walking a field breeding cows keeping a lot of weight on, but I've been surprised before.
Chianna hold the world record for weight. Probably height too. Damn big animals. If anyone wants size as their only criteria Chi might be the way to go.

Latest posts