.25 WSSM ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good

Reaction score
I've acquired one. A Model 70 Winchester NWTF Edition. I was wondering if anyone has had one. I know the rifles are no longer made and ammo is high when you find it. They only made the WSM and the WSSM for 2.5 years. Any info. would be appreciated. Thanks B&G

Seems that when it first came out the ammo was very unpredictable with strange pressure excursions Friend of mine builds custom barrels and rifles and quit chambering for it.

dun":140mgneh said:
Seems that when it first came out the ammo was very unpredictable with strange pressure excursions Friend of mine builds custom barrels and rifles and quit chambering for it.

Didn't those come out as Wildcats in 6 and 6.5 mm trying to make a hotter 243 and bet Remington 260.
Ended up dying to the 6 and 6.5 Creedmore the later built off the 308 versus the 25 and 243 WSSM off the 300 WSM.

Caustic Burno":k4b6w67d said:
dun":k4b6w67d said:

Didn't those come out as Wildcats in 6 and 6.5 mm trying to make a hotter 243 and bet Remington 260.
Ended up dying to the 6 and 6.5 Creedmore the later built off the 308 versus the 25 and 243 WSSM off the 300 WSM.
The 25 WSM was supposed to replace the 25-06 in a short action and the WSSM was supposed to be the 247 weatherby in a short action. Glad I stuck with my 257 Roberts Improved and 250 Savage

Thanks for the info. I did find a place to get ammo. www.reedsammo.com outta OKC they shipped it right out to me. The ammo is pricey around $40 a box after s/h but, if its a thumper I can live with that. I'm hoping it will group with 85 grn Nosler BT as thats what I ordered. Here's a picture it's the one on top. The bottom one is a model 700 .243. B&G

Latest posts