2015 F series

Help Support CattleToday:

They already don't make trucks that can handle abuse and this is just one more step. My '11 ram 3500 has been in the shop four times with only fifty thousand miles on it and every time they've pretty much told me that it was my fault that it was broke because it wasn't designed for the conditions that I use it in. :mad:

The $70k price is for the Platinum model. This has everything from automatic butt wiper to an ejector seat. Tennessee Tux is right from what I have read, most models will go up $1,000 or less.

skyhightree1":1lia7n9y said:
highgrit":1lia7n9y said:
When everything is said and done, it doesn't matter if the body is made of carbon fiber. Without a good engine you have nothing.quote]

A good engine is NOTHING without a good Transmission to transfer the power too. The known flaw of mopar products. If they started putting in ford transmissions I would buy a dodge. My friend has one and you still have space to work on them or atleast the 2012 I think is what his is. Dodge has motors down pat I will give them that but they need more attention focused on the transmissions.

Don't think the cummins is built by dodge. And would much rather have an Allison trans than a ford. I work on these P.O.S. things every day and mopar is my number one customer followed by ford. I personally like the duramax but hard to argue with the cummins engine. They are both good. but an Allison behind them and your golden.

highgrit":3s50nbe1 said:
Ford needs all the help they can get. Ram is kicking their tails good. Ram's market share has been going up, and Fords is going down, and GM is staying about the same. The real news in light duty trucks to me is the 1/2 ton Ram's being offered with a diesel engine. When everything is said and done, it doesn't matter if the body is made of carbon fiber. Without a good engine you have nothing. And right now
Ford is behind in the gas engines for power and economy. And their new diesel is not looking very good either.

GM has the weakest V8 in the 1/2 ton market, take a look at the 5.3 specs. Dodge's hemi and the tundra are the class champs in HP.

Calhoun Farms, don't write stuff that is false, makes you look like a fool. GM leads the pack in 1/2 ton trucks. They offer a 6.2 in their 1/2 ton off the shelf trucks that have more TQ and HP than ALL the rest.

That seems like a cheater motor for 1/2 ton, be like Ford putting a V10 in the F150. I talked to a guy at a camp ground last summer that had that motor in a 1500, he claimed it was an old vette motor. I have no clue as I'm not a GM fan, but he seemed to like it, and thats fine I'm just not a gas truck person myself. I test drove a 2011 Z71 1500 a few month ago when the wife and I were traveling and bored. That motor is sadly under powered, almost makes you feel sorry for it. My brother in law has a 1500HD (not sure they make those any more) with the 6.0 gasser and he likes it alot. Pulls a 5th wheel with it and he says it does great, just not very good on gas. I'm also not a fan of GM interiors, too bland and basic compared to the others.

denvermartinfarms":175rhjzn said:
kerley":175rhjzn said:
Are the lighter trucks going to handle the weight of our GN Trailers?
I guess so. The new dodge dually's rated for pulling 30k is what sounds high to me, I know how 30k feels behind a class 8 truck and I don't know that I want it behind my pickup.

That's what I think about the 11K behind a 1/2 ton. No thanks.

Latest posts