2000 F250

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
I have been seeing a 2000 Ford F250 for sale by and individual for sell in their front yard. Well I stopped to look yesterday. It was a 2000, F250, 4X4, BW gooseneck hookup, 196000 miles and Triton V10. $5900. Did not make an offer should I.

Good engines, very torquey, gas guzzlers. That mileage is getting on up there for a gas burner also.

I am not interested but it would get as about the same mpg than the 2000 ranger I have with the 4.0 v6. If the f250 could be bought for less money then maybe I could spend around $6000 and have the 6 cylinder Cummins installed in it.

hurleyjd said:
I am not interested but it would get as about the same mpg than the 2000 ranger I have with the 4.0 v6. If the f250 could be bought for less money then maybe I could spend around $6000 and have the 6 cylinder Cummins installed in it.

Get a 12v Cummins out of a school bus for cheap, adapter kit and you will be good to go. Probably cost 6k+ though, but still be worth it. I have seen it done twice. One guy had it done to his 6.0 PS and got hit head on just a few days after he got it completed. The insurance payout didn't cover what he had invested as he was a sick puppy after and the person whom hit him had no insurance.

I've got a 2003 Dodge 3500 sitting in the yard, farm use truck with a Cummins in it. Looking for an excuse to put a 7.3 in it. Just gotta find one in the right shape for the right price.

hurleyjd said:

If the end goal is a Cummins swapped Ford, get an 08-11 with a blown up 6.4.

I know a couple of V10 Fords with 300k plus with no major issues. I wouldn't be scared of it, but it does sound a bit high to me. You didn't mention what cab or trim level. It's probably not far off for a Lariat crew cab in nice condition, but if it's an XL regular cab in average condition it's pretty high IMO.

Find out when the plugs were last changed and if they were torqued properly. Unless they were done recently and correctly change them out, and put them back with a little anti seize on the threads and 14 pounds of torque. You should be good to go.

Silver said:
I've got a 2003 Dodge 3500 sitting in the yard, farm use truck with a Cummins in it. Looking for an excuse to put a 7.3 in it. Just gotta find one in the right shape for the right price.

Are you serious? April Fool's was earlier this week.

cfpinz said:
Silver said:

You betcha. When the day comes that that Cummins causes me grief again that is exactly what I'm going to do. Two reasons, really. The 7.3 was every bit as good a motor as the Cummins at the time, and to pizz off all the holier than thou Cummins owners.

Silver said:
cfpinz said:
Silver said:

You betcha. When the day comes that that Cummins causes me grief again that is exactly what I'm going to do. Two reasons, really. The 7.3 was every bit as good a motor as the Cummins at the time, and to pizz off all the holier than thou Cummins owners.

I got a chuckle out of that.

Drove by the place the truck was for sale with the intent of getting the Vin number to see how it was equipped. And it was gone, it had set in the mans yard for at least a month and a half. as usual when I show a little interest in any thing then it is gone.

I have a 99 F350 extended cab 4x4 flatbed with a 7.3L I would be willing to sell if anyone is looking out my way. Nothing wrong with it, good running truck. But since I bought my new one, it just sits.

Latest posts