2 weeks late

Help Support CattleToday:

alberta

Reaction score
i have a cow that is 2 weeks past and a week ago she had a thick clear mucus hanging out the last 2 days she stated to fill up here uter is there a prob with the clear mucus over a week ago or is all ok

She sounds like she's getting closer to having that calf. Not uncommon to see the clear goo a week or so prior to calving. Most of mine start to lose the mucous plug a week or so before they calve. I don't always go by their udder filling. I have a few who don't get a 'bag' until they actually calve, a couple bag-up the day before , some a week before.

Sounds like everything is going as it should. Cows can and will calve anywhere from 2 or so week prior to and 2 to 3 weeks past their scheduled calving date.

Katherine

Some discharge is normal - several inches not several feet - but some snotty is normal as she prepares the way. I wonder if she's really 2 weeks overdue or if she was missed during that breeding and caught on the next. That would make sense with all her symptoms. I've had stuff two weeks past due and I'm ready to pull when I do.

Latest posts