19 month old hereford bull

Help Support CattleToday:

KNERSIE

Reaction score
One of two of last year's bull crop that I retained for own use. This was taken today exactly three weeks after I've pulled him from the breeding pasture where he was running with 19 cows for 66 days. He is on good pasture at the moment and I've just started him on feed to be shown at the end of February.
IMG_5330.jpg

IMG_5334.jpg

He's a smashing looking fella and I'll bet he throws some good progeny.
My only moan would be that his chest is not that big but that may well be due to the camera angle.
That aside a bull to be proud of indeed !
Jon :tiphat:

Awesome looking bull once again Knersie.

Jon go look up Knersie's posts and take a look at the cattle he has posted. There are NO bad cattle in his herd. I'm not picking on you, just stating a fact.

Nice looking bull, Knersie. Plenty of muscle and in good shape after breeding.

I've been wondering where you got your tag line. Seems I read the same quote somewhere recently.

>>Kernsie's tag line is a quote by Warren Buffett<<

Has anyone read Snowball? It is a very good read. I highly recommend it.

Great calf Knersie- I'd love a paddock full of them just the same. Hope he goes well at the show- please keep us updated on what happens. Be interesting to see some photos of whatever might beat him there as a comparison too.

I luv herfrds":25sdir1n said:
Awesome looking bull once again Knersie.

Jon go look up Knersie's posts and take a look at the cattle he has posted. There are NO bad cattle in his herd. I'm not picking on you, just stating a fact.

No probs I know you're not picking on me and I've looked at some of his other animals and agree he knows his stuff.
I'm not saying this bull is bad, just that I'd prefer it to have a larger chest.
I think it's a UK thing, we have smaller longer bulls over here.

n1arth.jpg

Jon

Knersie - real nice - as always.
You posted a pic of a female on another thread, saying she had twins shortly after the pic was taken. Anyway, I noticed your hay feeder in the background. Is that a plastic feeder? Could you get your hay bales any bigger? Looks like there may be an inch of space you didn't fill up. :banana:

Here are two more pics of the same bull.

IMG_5353.jpg

IMG_5354.jpg

Jeanne, the hayring is made out of boiler piping that was then galvanised after welding. One person can handle it, but only just.

I have forgotten about that photo, he was just over a year old then and about three weeks after coming out of the test

Latest posts