17 Month Angus Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

dt34715

Reaction score
Your thoughts:

BullPic_zps66a7caba.jpg

He may not but the cow behind him sure does, the bull looks like he could use a little more power but not a bad bull.

KNERSIE":g5miqvqf said:
There is grass, why does he need feed?

Knersie, you nailed it, we have far too many cattle that cant make it without a feedbucket. It starts with seedstock producers who keep animals that preform well outa that bucket. As feed prices continue to rise, I think we have a train wreck coming for a lot of cattle of all breeds.

houstoncutter":25hz3g50 said:
KNERSIE":25hz3g50 said:

Knersie, you nailed it, we have far too many cattle that cant make it without a feedbucket. It starts with seedstock producers who keep animals that preform well outa that bucket. As feed prices continue to rise, I think we have a train wreck coming for a lot of cattle of all breeds.

To many forget we are grass farmer's first and foremost.
All a cow need's is grass, hay and mineral's.
I did feed through the drought to save pasture after culling.

The cow in the back is hunched up to pee... show me one that doesn't look like they need help when they do that...

Not bad for a young bull. What's he bred like?

KNERSIE":2zrfy11y said:

Exactly, if his program of health is good the why the extra feed?
Caustic Burno":2zrfy11y said:
houstoncutter":2zrfy11y said:
KNERSIE":2zrfy11y said:

To many forget we are grass farmer's first and foremost.
All a cow need's is grass, hay and mineral's.
I did feed through the drought to save pasture after culling.
Ditto

Back to the original poster question, which was derailed quickly. As stated not a good pic and a bad angle on the bull. But in my opinion not too bad, much better than a lot that get posted here. My biggest knock is he could use more depth in the back end. But a good top line and decent muscle.

ga.prime":30gxatjv said:
Looks fine to me and that's a fine looking pasture you have him in, dt. Is he out of the Connealy line?
I would have to check his papers as I am not sure about his bloodline.