12V Pump lifespan (spot spraying)

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Hey guys,

For those with spot spraying setups (I only use a spray gun, no booms), how long do your 12V pumps usually last? When I sprayed mesquite last season, it ran for several hours a day. I'm curious to know the lifespan of other's pump setups and their specs. Considering an upgrade when I go from a 25 gallon tank to 40-50 gallon tank...

My current one:
Flojet Duplex 2 Diaphragm 12V
1.6 gpm
7 amps
60psi
https://www.pumpagents.com/FlojetPumps/D2131I5011B.html

I always flush with water after spraying, really helps. Some are good and you can change the diaphragms and they last forever. I had a small one you could pull apart but they don't make parts for. Idiots. The cheap ones will do two or three seasons but i have one here been going for 14 years and never touched it. I use it on average 30 hours a month.

The main fault I have found is the microswitch on the pressure switch. It is hard to find the exact one to replace it. Of course the suppliers rarely offer the switch as a replacement part, they expect you to buy a new pump.

Ken

It helps to keep them stored in out of the rain. The seal on the motor housing between it and the pump section isn't very good on the Flojets isn't great and rain water and the armature don't play well together.

Latest posts