11 month old murray grey bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Backbone Ranch

Reaction score
IMG_1409_zpsd71762e6.jpg

We weaned this murray grey bull calf 4 months ago and he weighed 682 pounds at weaning. He had an average daily gain of 2.55 pounds. We think he shows enough promise to keep him as a herdsire. He doesn't have dapples; he has just been licking himself. Thoughts?

KNERSIE":2vswuacd said:
He looks very promising, outstanding depth and capacity for his age.

X 3 :nod:

What's he out of BB?

What kind of ration has he been on?

Welcome to the boards by the way. :welcome:

Fine looking stock there BB.
I'm tempted to see if she's got any more Jopa semen.
I've got 1 or 2 I'd like to try him on.
You've got a great foundation to build on there.

Thanks cmf1. Jopa Elation Power is a really good bull. He has a lot of depth in both the heart girth and the flank. We have a cow out of him and she throws beautiful heifer calves. This is a photo of her with her 4th consecutive heifer calf.
12e3bf4c.jpg

Below is a photo of her 2 1/2 year old daughter.
IMG_1118_zps8d60d09a.jpg

She has been suckling a bull calf for four months when this photo was taken.

Nice bull calf and nice cattle in general. I figured they were from OK Jeanne's herd. Always has exceptional cows.

I particuraly like the mother of the bull, she looks great in all direction, but you might want to try to work on her utter attachments a bit. The sire looks quite good, he is well muscled all around.

This is the bull calf at 7 months old. He was already 55% of his mother's body weight. He outweighed the next largest calf by 40 pounds at weaning. It was fun hearing him bellow when he was young. It sounded like a mature bull!
IMG_0187_zps8ad719e5.jpg

Here are two photos of the yearling bull. He is the same one as the 11 month old, but he is breeding cows currently. He has been in with the cows for 45 days.
IMG_2081_zps04192697.jpg

IMG_2082_zps974ef2a1.jpg

Latest posts