$11.50 for a good Fortune

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
I spent $11.50 today on a Fortune..........my Carolina Fortune daughter that is. I was giving her a last shot at being prego. I had never observed any signs of heat from March, which is when I bought her, to May when she was in with other cows. I synched her up and A.I'd her on the 1st of May (no sign of heat even with the lute). Had her checked and declared open in July. I turned her in with the bull right away. I never saw a single sign of heat out of her. I would have bet money that she was open and a non-breeder. I was holding her for the sale on Monday. I took her in today just to make sure she was open before going to the sale barn.......well she is 6 months bred :banana:

I guess that just goes to show that just going off of physical observations only goes so far. I am glad I took her in to the vet. I was starting to get depressed. She is a fantastic heifer and a real fancy one. I feel so much better today :D

tater74":3ozrowmv said:
Congrats!

BTW, did your bull heal?
No. The swelling went away and he seems comfortable but he is unable to extend it. I am taking him to the sale barn on Monday morning. Prices are high right now and high dressing slaughter bulls were bringing 1.04 last week. He weighs 2,040 so I should get a couple grand in salvage.

I saw one last week go through the ring Hoss, he brought 114. Man he ruined himself I hurt when I saw him, he didn't seem the least bit in pain.

HOSS":39e9kul1 said:
tater74":39e9kul1 said:
Congrats!

BTW, did your bull heal?
No. The swelling went away and he seems comfortable but he is unable to extend it. I am taking him to the sale barn on Monday morning. Prices are high right now and high dressing slaughter bulls were bringing 1.04 last week. He weighs 2,040 so I should get a couple grand in salvage.

I am sorry to hear that. He looked like a good bull.

highgrit":9pb8ulhu said:
I saw one last week go through the ring Hoss, he brought 114. Man he ruined himself I hurt when I saw him, he didn't seem the least bit in pain.
Mine was a bit cranky which is very out of character for him. Maybe it was being poked and prodded on by the vet. I can't say I blame him.

tater74":rn8gq5n0 said:
I'm sorry about that. Not being intimately familiar with the process, does he need to extend to be able to collect him?
For the most part yes. They could have tried using an electro ejaculator but the semen would have had to travel through the end of the sheath and possibly contaminating it. I decided not to risk it.

Latest posts