1000 ACRES IN NORTH CENTRAL FLORIDA

Help Support CattleToday:

Fla_Crracker

Reaction score
OK A LITTLE BACK GROUND. I RECENTLY SOLD MY 250 ACRES OF INPROVED PASTURE A COUPLE COUNTYS AWAY FROM MY HOUSE WHERE I KEPT MY 100 HEAD OF CROSS BREDS. NOW HERES THE ? MY FAMILY OWNS 1000 ACRES 5 MILES FROM MY HOME WHICH IS ALL WOODS. I HAVE CLEARED AND PLANTED PENSICOLA BAHIA ON ABOUT 70 OF THE 1000. DO YALL THINK I COULD RUN EM ON THIS TILL I GET MORE TIME TO CLEAR OFF MORE GROUND? I KNOW THIS IS A LOADED ? BUT WHAT THE HECK. THE LAND IS MOSTLY OAKS, PINES, AND PALMETTO. THANKS FOR THE INPUT EVERYONE. I JUST HATE TO LEASE LAND..

Can you sell the timber? Clear cut 200 acres for pasture, use the money to planting grass and cross fences. Leave the other 800 natural.

People have/do run cattle on nothing much more than woods, but they usually don't look real good. If you have Brimmer crosses they may make it for a while.
I think you would probably be better off selling some cows to keep more in line with your bahia acerage, bank the money,and use it for hay, pasture clearing, or to buy more cows later when you have more pasture.

Yes , cracker, you can run 100 head on 70 acres of bahia, as long as you get rain , and most likely you will get the rain.

Wish i had a 1000 acres in florida. Lets go hunt on it! i got a cousin in Ocala, we'll both come down and keep an eye on it for you.

Latest posts