100 5' rolls

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Wow... I got 500 rolls I can spare lol maybe I should sell them.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/grd/4137885138.html

CL richmond all for sale / wanted farm & garden - by owner
Reply to: see below flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-10-18, 8:08PM EDT
HAY. 100 5ft round rolls!cattle hay - $2700 (hanover)
THATS RIGHT 100 5FOOT ROUND ROLLS $2700FOR ALL
-----CAN DELIVER-----
GOOD CATTLE HAY
SERIOUS BUYERS CALL --804 337-1189----NO SCAMS

I thought it was funny cause a guy here sells 5' rolls for 15-20 bucks a roll... I know someone is gonnna jump all over that hay im sure.

Wow, I thought hay here was cheap, but $27 for a 5' bale is pretty normal around here for average hay. There can't be any money to be made at $15-$20/bale, is there?

The guy that does it already has money and I think he just likes doing it and talking to and meeting new people.

skyhightree1":1c2ir9es said:
I thought it was funny cause a guy here sells 5' rolls for 15-20 bucks a roll... I know someone is gonnna jump all over that hay im sure.

I've got my 5' bales sold for $65 a roll. 75 bales to my cousin, 90 to a neighbor. I'm including delivery 10 miles for $25 per 15 bale load.

My calculator says $20 a bale (assuming 1300 lb bales) is not quite $31/ton. I figure I might as well turn cows in before I sold hay for that.

you cant get hay that cheap around here even junk hay.hay here is $40 a bale an up no matter the size of the bale.if an i mean if we sell hay this year itll have tobe $60 or $70 a bale.

bigbull338":1qqpdf4u said:
you cant get hay that cheap around here even junk hay.hay here is $40 a bale an up no matter the size of the bale.if an i mean if we sell hay this year itll have tobe $60 or $70 a bale.

Agree. $20/bale would barely cover the cost of baling, let alone cut/rake or any value for the hay itself. Fuel and machinery just ain't cheap, even if your labor is free! :p

I thought it was a little high myself. I bought good hay for $25.00 a bale 48"x 68-70" The south has plenty of hay this year. Last year $40.00 a roll was cheap around here. A guy around here that has won the hay contest a few times is selling hay for $46.00 a bale, and last year it was $65.00 a bale same hay. Supply and demand drives the price of everything.

well here we have $25 a bale in cutting raking an baling.then $5 to $10 a bale for the grass standing.an thats not fert.then $5 to $10 a bale hauling off the field an stacking.so thats a min $35 a bale up to $45 a bale min.

bigbull338":3b82xl5z said:
well here we have $25 a bale in cutting raking an baling.then $5 to $10 a bale for the grass standing.an thats not fert.then $5 to $10 a bale hauling off the field an stacking.so thats a min $35 a bale up to $45 a bale min.
What about fertilizer?

TB we havent put out any fert on this place in over 30yrs.to me with its high cost you cant make enough hay to justify it.now my brother wants to play with putting out fert next year.an he can as long as its his money.but i wont spend money on fert.when we are done baling this year we will be at 200 5 by 6 bales or more.an thats equal to over 320 4 by 6 bales.thats 120 4 by 6 bale increase with no fert.

skyhightree1":1koytcua said:
Wow... I got 500 rolls I can spare lol maybe I should sell them.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/grd/4137885138.html

CL richmond all for sale / wanted farm & garden - by owner
Reply to: see below flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-10-18, 8:08PM EDT
HAY. 100 5ft round rolls!cattle hay - $2700 (hanover)
THATS RIGHT 100 5FOOT ROUND ROLLS $2700FOR ALL
-----CAN DELIVER-----
GOOD CATTLE HAY
SERIOUS BUYERS CALL --804 337-1189----NO SCAMS
Maybe the guy just needs $2700.....look at all the high dollar stuff that goes into the pawn shops for pennies on the dollar.....

bigbull338":3fep2s7c said:
TB we havent put out any fert on this place in over 30yrs..

You would be amazed at what the right mixture of fertilizer would do for your pastures and hayfields if you got the right custom mix that your fields need based off of an soil sample.

You don't need fertilizer if your happy with crap hay Sky. The worst hay I have bought so far tested out at 7.4 protein and the best was 15.6. I like to have my hay tested. I smell it and chew it and like to guess what it will test out to be. Plus you know who is
Full of Bull to.

bigbull338":f7g1cv0u said:
TB we havent put out any fert on this place in over 30yrs.to me with its high cost you cant make enough hay to justify it.now my brother wants to play with putting out fert next year.an he can as long as its his money.but i wont spend money on fert.when we are done baling this year we will be at 200 5 by 6 bales or more.an thats equal to over 320 4 by 6 bales.thats 120 4 by 6 bale increase with no fert.
I wasn't thinking about more hay....I was thinking about "better" hay. More quality. !!

highgrit":3kq31utp said:
You don't need fertilizer if your happy with crap hay Sky. The worst hay I have bought so far tested out at 7.4 protein and the best was 15.6. I like to have my hay tested. I smell it and chew it and like to guess what it will test out to be. Plus you know who is
Full of Bull to.
No need to chew it. Let the cows chew it. They'll show you how good it is. You know what they say.. "It all looks good in a bale". :lol2:

bigbull338":3f0aa4gd said:
the quality is there as its pure thick coastal the 2nd cutting.

You really think so?? Typical "pure thick coastal" even with fertilizer often tests no more than 8% protein. I've tested a lot of coastal and that's pretty much it. There will be the occasional test of 10% but very rare.

TB it doesnt matter what you or i think about hay quality.what matters i can make as much hay as we need without putting out fert.an pretty much make 400 4 by 6 bales in 2 cutting.