100 5' rolls

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338":64s7s6na said:
TB it doesnt matter what you or i think about hay quality.what matters i can make as much hay as we need without putting out fert.an pretty much make 400 4 by 6 bales in 2 cutting.
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

oh i see the whole picture on fert hay.an i understand it.an ive also seen some fixed or funny hay test on protine.nor am i upset with any1.to get high protine hay you have to put 400 to 500lbs of fert an ac every cutting.plus spray for weeds.an to me thats just putting unwanted pestasides in the soil.an it takes years to get them out.

bigbull338":27fc0ovb said:
oh i see the whole picture on fert hay.an i understand it.an ive also seen some fixed or funny hay test on protine.nor am i upset with any1.to get high protine hay you have to put 400 to 500lbs of fert an ac every cutting.plus spray for weeds.an to me thats just putting unwanted pestasides in the soil.an it takes years to get them out.
No you don't. You fertilize according to soil test results and CUT ON TIME....something many won't do because all they want is volume!!! Some weeds will have higher protein than the grass.

answer this 1 if you can.say a person soil tests an follows what it says todo lime an fert.an it dosent rain enough todo any good.hence a drought.then the money is wasted for nothing.then you still have to buy the hay.thats why im a heavy beleiver in overseeding hay meadows to rye clover an vetch to put nitrogen into the ground.an to pretty much insure 1 cutting thatll produce enough hay to get through the winter.

Lime is never wasted, it will just take longer to leach into the soil. And yes if it doesn't rain within a few days of putting N down you will lose a lot of it.

You would be surprised how much nitrogen you actually lose, and in a good way. There have been some very interesting tests done in greenhouse, about the only way to control temp, humidity etc., that would say what you lose isn't as much as was previously thought. There is a lot more to quality hay too, than just nitrogen. Most of your other nutrients you will hold on to even without a rain. I.E. phos, zinc, potassium, etc.

CL richmond all for sale / wanted farm & garden - by owner
Reply to: see below flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-10-30, 1:49PM EDT
Round Hay Bales - $5 (Winterpock Area)

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
14901 Beach Road
Round bales from last years cuttings $5.00. About 20 bales under cover for $10.00 last years cuttings. NO HORSE HAY! call 804-739-2380 from 8am till 8pm.
14901 Beach Road (google map) (yahoo map)

http://richmond.craigslist.org/grd/4161257484.html

I just bought 40 rolls at 25 ea. that's half the resale here in fl. il resale some of it for 40 per probly to cover selling/storing it by singles instead of volume

Latest posts