10 yr old Hereford Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

glacierridge":cvyblz74 said:
Ooooo... That stinks when you have big non functional women.
I don't mind large women... As long as they are put together well and are good workers.
7+...
Is that the frame score?!
yes...... one thing i dont like doing now.. is having to locate my bull in the herd..my older cows actually tower over him :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":3f0hzcet said:
well the biggest goofs ive made in the past... retaining f1 heifers from 7+ simmental bulls.. just when you think they've quit growing they hit another growth spurt... i sold my last monster about 5 years ago she weighed 1800.00 pnds in average condition...i could empty a bottle of ivomec on the first 3 head, bad teats on a certain line of brahman,which i will rename mainless :cowboy: unless you twist my arm, that came back to haunt me in my F1's.. just not paying attention ...they made some of the biggest, prettiest heifers around. and werent practical, functional, worth a dam...

Thank you for the explanation. Pretty sure I know which line you are talking about. Funny thing is the line that makes the extra and bad teats is the same one that produces Brahman taller than a Clydesdale. I blame the ABBA show circuit. Very famous champion red bull was all the rage on the show circuit, and then all of a sudden everybody can't get rid of the bloodlines fast enough. Another famous red bull from these parts has the same problem. For my money your couldn't pay me to take a red because of the Gyr influence.

well it was hard to find a moderate framed simmental back when i was using them. not that i was looking... if i were doing it today,,alot different game plan...

That's a pure blood Hereford?

JWBrahman":2q1ydafs said:
WP_000989.jpg