10 year old auctioneer

Help Support CattleToday:

That was a very enjoyable story. I wonder if he is skilled at starting cattle? I don't believe when I was ten, that I could have known approximately where to start the bidding. I also bet he's homeschooled. How else could he do it every week.

Somewhere, there's a do-gooder fed or state agency that's gettin' ready to file a lawsuit on grounds of child labor law violation.

greybeard":22a9jcih said:
Somewhere, there's a do-gooder fed or state agency that's gettin' ready to file a lawsuit on grounds of child labor law violation.

I had the same exact thought. Maybe because it's a family business, they can slide.

I know Dan that owns this barn fairly well. Cash has been trading horses since he was a little kid and bought at a sale by himself for he first time when he was like 7 when his dad dropped him off at one. I would say he knows a lot about cattle so he may know where to start them. That family trades a lot of cattle from up north through that sale barn since there aren't many cattle in the area and I would say as many as he sees sold in a week he has a lot of the prices figured out.

Ojp6":du7oao5f said:
That family trades a lot of cattle from up north through that sale barn since there aren't many cattle in the area and I would say as many as he sees sold in a week he has a lot of the prices figured out.

You just did it for him and his family, on this web sight, used that bad word "TRADER" now he is the scum of the earth should be taken out and hung or maybe even tare and feathered. Does not matter if he buys good stock and does people right he's still a "TRADER" :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Haha I've noticed people don't really appreciate traders. I think most salebarns without a very large customer base will have to trade on things occasionally to keep the market high enough but that's just my opinion. There is nothing wrong with an honest trader that takes care of his stock and doesn't lie all the time. One sale barn owner not to far from the one this kid is at would walk around the pens with me and tell me which sale barn all the cattle he brought in there to sell were from. They would be from all over. One day he had cattle out of El Reno, OK, Billings MT, a few barns in South Dakota,Iowa and Missouri, and about 100 calves out of Pennsylvania and New York. All of them end up in a little sale barn in Minnesota haha. I've also heard about a barn in Iowa with a really strong market on heifers buy 2,000 char cross heifers out of Tennessee and run them through and made a pile of money doing it.

Latest posts