1 Cow $3,000 - $3,500

Help Support CattleToday:

Purchase price is based on the hanging weight, which we can estimate to be between 600-700 lbs.

Price per lbs is $5.00 for the entire cow or $5.25 per 1/2
Minimum order/purchase amount is 1/2 a cow.
Processing cost will be between $450-$550. That cost is based on the hanging weight, aging time, and any special instructions.

A whole cow will yield approx. 600-700 lbs. of meat.

How about that.... :lol2:

1982 I never even noticed that ....lmao wow maybe I need to get rid of my waterers and find that fresh water so I can make that $$$

There is no telling what this guy could get for an Imbalancer if he raised them. I can slaughter an Imbalancer and if I process it myself its possible to end up with more steaks than hamburger of course most of the steaks will be filets so I'd suggest buying a pig too. Pigs are only $4.99/lb on the hoof and they are given fresh water too.

I see similar things here on Craigslist, usually close to larger cities, like slaughter cows for $2/ lb, live weight. I don't know if they get any buyers or not. I would hope not, but most people have no idea the true value.

Many are paying for the "experience" and for the "connection".

My operation was promoted on an eco-friendly organic site about a year or so ago. One of those liberal professor types drove over a hundred miles to come visit my operation. He had staunch beliefs on certain things and kept telling me I did things different than the normal cattle producers and just adored everything I did and snapped lots of pictures. I kept telling him I was not organic and just raised cattle just like everyone else does in this area but he wouldn't hear of it and kept correcting me. Finally I stopped trying to correct him and just answered questions. Apparantly I'm one of the few cattle producers in the country that actually cares about their animals and their health. Apparantly I'm one of the few that also give them fresh water and don't feed them antibiotics every morning like all the other producers do. No, I don't use steroids cause I'm far too lazy but lazy in an environmentally friendly manner and he just loved this. And unbeknownst to me, I raise grassfed beef even though I showed him the bunks and explained the contents of the feed blend but that's beside the point cause he saw the cows eating grass and that's all that mattered.

After seeing this Craiglist ad I'm wondering if I'm not leaving money on the table. :cowboy:

He later asked if I'd mind being put on a website and after I read the contents I was quite impressed that I did such a splendid job of raising cattle in such an environmentally sensible manner. Incidently he called yesterday to tell me they had just dined on some of my beef and as usual it was the best grassfed beef he had ever tasted and put in an order for more.

I'm all for farm to table but what really puts a burr under my saddle is when people knock other producers for whatever reason. Just like the many misleading claims in the ad. I don't like this type advertising and it makes me question their quality because if you have to use lies and stuff to sell your product then maybe your product isn't that good. More importantly, the public is so unattached with food production that they are apt to believe anything and if enough of them believe this crap then the government will have no choice but to put more restrictions on us as producers and this ends up killing the very thing I think most of us - and the greenies - would like to promote and that is laxer restrictions on farm to table sales. Easing some of these unneccessary restrictions would - IMO - insure the existance of the family farm.

I have seen ads that were a lot more "over the top" than that one. They are just telling the people they want to sell to, what they want to hear. There are still plenty of people out there with more money than common sense and part of their belief system is, if it costs more it must be better and therefore worth it. Like the suburbanites who drive a Range Rover instead of an Explorer - and it will never, ever need to engage the 4WD. Someone who is not as nice as us, coined the term "citiots" for these type of folks. If they can afford that beef, and it makes them feel good to buy it and and consume it, well then God bless America and what's-their-name farms. Free enterprise at its finest.

Jo, just don't let them get wind of how tasty your organic swamp heifers are. I need you to keep a few running around so that I have an excuse to come down and hang out with you. :mrgreen:

Grey,
I noticed free shipping which im sure they will ship for free if I was making that money id deliver personally for free lol

greybeard":crl4qjtu said:
skyhightree1":crl4qjtu said:
Maybe it's just be but I think these people are either crazy or relying on stupid people to be their customers...

http://richmond.craigslist.org/grd/3780013800.html

These already done the math for us. Ships free tho. :roll: :roll:
http://www.lacensebeef.com/promotions/b ... ogram.aspx

That's impressive marketing for sure. Heck, after reading some of site and looking at the pictures I felt compelled to buy the backyard BBQ package with the hotdogs and burgers. ~$19/lb. is a bargain I thought but leave it to a Frenchman to discriminate - they don't take EBT.

Gotta go now. Am giving my cattle a seminar today on how not to let your feelings be minimized by people because herd health begins with mental health.

greybeard":3nqz49gt said:
skyhightree1":3nqz49gt said:
Maybe it's just be but I think these people are either crazy or relying on stupid people to be their customers...

http://richmond.craigslist.org/grd/3780013800.html

http://www.lacensebeef.com/promotions/b ... ogram.aspx

The funny part of this one is that they seem to be losing some steaks somewhere in the processing. Last time i looked there were a lot more than 8 7oz filet mingon in a whole beef.

They are keeping approx 20% of the animal for themselves. on top of the crazy price!

3-Way, don't you just think he is pulling them for quality control purposes? He is afterall a Frenchman. Speaking of which, wonder how he got his citizenship? Maybe Bez needs to apply again and instead of saying he's going to run a company maybe this time he should say he is going to raise organo-cows.

http://www.lacensebeef.com/promotions/b ... ogram.aspx[/quote]

The funny part of this one is that they seem to be losing some steaks somewhere in the processing. Last time i looked there were a lot more than 8 7oz filet mingon in a whole beef.

They are keeping approx 20% of the animal for themselves. on top of the crazy price![/quote]

This is true... 1 for you 2 for me... 1 or you 2 for me...

Latest posts