1/4 brahman 1/4 hereford 1/2 angus momma cows

Help Support CattleToday:

midtncattle

Reaction score
My brother in law was talking about seeing some 1/4 brahman 1/4 hereford 1/2 angus heifers for sale on a farm he recently visited. I also saw an add for some in the recent issue of THE EAR magizine. They looked really good. Do any of you use them? What type of kick would your calves get? I wouldn't even know what to put back on them. Would it be char or angus?

although i like all 3 breeds, i dont think id like them wadded up in that package.... id like the brangus /hereford or the hereford/ brangus .... :cowboy:

if you could get them tame enough ,would be about perfect.would not breed char,can give rat tails.

Pretty terminal heifers do not always make good cows but they make good beef.
But if you just gotta do it go back with a continental.

I would leave out the angus and go for the super baldie. Nothing against angus, but your already getting it with the brangus. Cover those cows with a char or homo black sim.

Go back to a Black Angus bull imo. Preferably a son of Sydgen CC&7 and keep the replacements that at that point would be 3/4 Angus and even though your steers won't crush the scales they should bring in allot per pound. This is taking a step sideways to get on the right track going forward and all of your cows should in the future be polled, black and only have an 1/8 or so of ear which may be enough for the mountains of Tennessee. After keeping the replacements then go with your brangus or black limo or black simm.

Sounds like its Angus sired out of F1 Herf/Brahman cows? If so, you got all the best vigor wrapped up in those cows. I'd go with a Simm bull. 2nd choice would be a Limi. Use LBW bull on them since they're heifers. You can switch to a terminal/growthy Simm bull down the road. Using a maternal Simm if you're thinking of possibly keeping heifers. Thats my :2cents:

I am not looking at doing it myself. I am a gert cross guy. i thought it sounded like an extra uneeded step. I just wondered what your guys thoughts on them were.

I have tried. He has an order in for 17 f1 tiger stripes that are to be ready Late November. They will make him some great cows down road, but I have tried to convience him to buy a good brimmer bull and some solid herefords and raise his own for resale of heifers.

Latest posts