1/2 blood Sim calf pic

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks Jeanne, what I like most about her is her front, and how much depth and rib she has. She also is sound as a cat. I will use him again, she also has an awesome attitude.

Jeanne, you may not remember but me, my young son, and father met you at the Stars and Stripes sale this year.

WinterSpringsFarm":3l8gj5e8 said:
Thanks Jeanne, what I like most about her is her front, and how much depth and rib she has. She also is sound as a cat. I will use him again, she also has an awesome attitude.

Jeanne, you may not remember but me, my young son, and father met you at the Stars and Stripes sale this year.
Hmmm - sorry, I can't remember a father, daughter & grandson meeting. But, don't be offended - my old brain is remembering less & less. Very frustrating!!!!

We have ONE one eyed jack calf.... out of 5 straws. Horrible.... worst calf of the fall season last year, dammed by a heifer that was 7th overall in the TX Nationals... I will not use him again. His numbers tanked, and not impressed with most of what I have seen out of him. Just our experience...

Dam is big ribbed, big bellied, squishy footed and real sound as well.

FSR I've seen a fair amount of calves that are pretty nice out of him. Sucks you didn't have good luck with him. Genetics are funny like that.

Thanks Franke

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3gcpopn8 said:
WinterSpringsFarm":3gcpopn8 said:

Hmmm - sorry, I can't remember a father, daughter & grandson meeting. But, don't be offended - my old brain is remembering less & less. Very frustrating!!!!

Man! How could someone not remember a early 30s handsome guy such as myself!!!!!! Not offended at all Jeanne. We talked briefly about a couple heifers you had there and we left.

Fire Sweep Ranch":1c9irjwu said:
We have ONE one eyed jack calf.... out of 5 straws. Horrible.... worst calf of the fall season last year, dammed by a heifer that was 7th overall in the TX Nationals... I will not use him again. His numbers tanked, and not impressed with most of what I have seen out of him. Just our experience...

And yet Cattle Visions keeps taking out full page ads on him.

Have not been at this that long but I have never seen an EPD profile go south so fast. I just looked and he is in the bottom 5% for CE, bottom 55% for BW and bottom 1% for WW, YW, ADG and MCE. So they come heavy, hard calving and then don't grow.

Hope the OP has better results with his heifer.

She came light and easy IMO, and has grown as well as her pen mates and looks better. Sometimes the numbers aren't all that they are cracked up to be.

He surely hasn't given me a reason to not use him again, and after she sells I just may use him some more. ; )

We used OEJ's sire, Long's Shear Pleasure for a couple of breeding seasons... got some really nice heifers that are turning out to be really good cows. I don't remember the LSP steers, but suppose they were good.
I never understood why OEJ came out of the gate at $100/unit - or why someone would pay that for an unproven bull. Even at $50...I'm not seeing anything that'd entice me to use him over any number of other blaze/white-faced Simmental sires.

Latest posts