06 duramax turbo

Help Support CattleToday:

Warm it up and cool it down and your turbo will last a lot longer. Always let it idle for a few minutes before you turn it off. A turbo should last a lot longer than 200k miles IMO / experience. I think people really under rate how much idling a diesel helps the longevity.

SmokinM":bgi7qp5j said:
Warm it up and cool it down and your turbo will last a lot longer. Always let it idle for a few minutes before you turn it off. A turbo should last a lot longer than 200k miles IMO / experience. I think people really under rate how much idling a diesel helps the longevity.

Yea they call that "coking" the turbo. I think the newer oils help prevent coking but none the less just shutting one off after working it hurts longevity

I know of a few in dodges that lasted 600,000 miles.

Yes, idling them a while will help, as well as watching EGT's while you're running, and don't demand more out of them than they're designed for

The later 06 and early 07 Duramax diesel trucks have LBZ engines, and 6 speed Allison automatics. The earlier 06 models and all the way back to 01 had injector issues. Most all dmax injector problems can be eliminated by the use of a AirDog or Fass fuel pump and filter systems. It's the best preventative accessory you can buy for your Duramax diesel.

Most all dmax injector problems can be eliminated by the use of a AirDog or Fass fuel pump and filter systems. It's the best preventative accessory you can buy for any EFI diesel.
Fixed it for you.. the 98-02 24v cummins should have one too, the pumps don't like low feed pressure.

I heard of the tips of the injectors coming off in the dmax, which would have nothing to do with the fuel pump, just a bad design somehow, and there was a recall on them as it would seriously mess up the engine

I have a Air Dog II on my 92 F250 with the International 7.3 IDI. 435k miles and still running strong. The thing with the Duramax and maybe all the new electronic diesel engines is a good mechanic can hook a laptop up to the OBD and tell which injectors are weak. I've seen it done on my son's truck, and the lower the number the better the injector is.
I just hope that Papavillas got his truck fixed right.

Latest posts